Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard

“safe to eat”    a moot point,   Id be more worried about the lead poisoning

or the blunt kitchen devices.    

Only Tim the Tool man Taylor could pull this off (but I’ll bet Kowboy tries it)

Lenny E

Do ya all remember  the fad of wrapping food in tinfoil, and cooking it on your engine during long trips? Nothing like motor oil and exhaust as added flavoring! Actually the food turned out pretty good.

The dishwasher thing kinda reminded me of that.

Norm Walters

Lenny, when I was roofing we used to wrap chickens in about ten layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, tie a wire around them and drop them in the hot tar kettle. Good stuff

Lenny E

HaHaHa ,

Norm,

Thats hilarious, and gives a new meaning to ..”Tarred and Feathered”

I gotta try that some time! Thanx.

Tom M

Great, food with a carbon footprint.

If you think about it, since oil was created from aviary-descended dinosaurs, it’s kind of one of those circle of life thingies.

Nah, that was a stretch even for me.

David Gerard

I went up to my cabin recently(on the 6th),  caught this huge burbot.  It measured 34″ and was around 17 lbs.     Come on fishing season!

Still plenty of winter way up north there at Lake Louise AK.

Who’s got some fishing going on?
    Wags

Nice catch… .what’s a burbot?

David Gerard

they are a type of fresh water cod but they act like a cross between an eel and a fish.
    Frank Zappa refers to them as “the mud sharks in your mythology” from the song
    yellow snow.
    they are very good eating.

Tom M

“Frank Zappa refers to them as “the mud sharks in your mythology” from the song
    yellow snow. ”

Lenny and I have have just been surpassed as the FabNet Music Trivia expert.
    I did not know that amazing factoid, and I loved Zappa, may he rest in peace.

David Gerard

Tom,  I think the fact that I use to be able to recite the entire “apostrophe” album from memory in high school showed my elglish teacher I was not entirely a dumb a$$ !

I saw Franky in Hartford back in like ..1980..” i dont want to get drafted I dont want to go,  no no no”   I think I even asked for zercon encrusted tweezers for christmas once! Ha! I digress.

Back in February I got together with a friend that I went to Kindergarten with.  We went steelhead fishing on the Siletz river on the Oregon coast.  We had a banner day I an telling you.  Together we hooked twelve fish and brought eight to the boat, including this 20 pounder.

Guide on the left, my friend on the right.

Two keepers for the table.
    We had a great guide that day.  The following day I floated the same stretch solo and didn’t hook a single fish.
    Johnny C
    David Gerard

Love steel head fishing in ORE! nice!!!!!!

How about a small striper from my lake house??

Tom M

Rick gets the linesider!
    I used to love scuba diving when those guys were around. You never got nervous like you would in the middle of a school of bluefish.

David, I saw him in new have in (I think ) ’84 on Halloween (Goblin Girl was a hit at the time).

David Gerard

I have a question.  Lake house, striper?  Do stripers make their way into lakes…to spawn?   Where are you located?

Love it! keep em coming!  I may splash my skiff this week end for a shake down cruise.  I have a remote job coming up where I will need to transport some tops to a cabin house.  May as well drag a hook through the water.
    Here is a steel head John, I fished the John Day river back in Oct.  I think we caught 3 or 4 total.   Pro-cure shrimp gel on a mag wort.  I was with my pal who is the GM of Pro-Cure down in Salem ORe.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.