Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 818 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson

Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira were flying to a baseball players convention. Teixeira looked at Jeter, chuckled and said, “You know, I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the window right now and make somebody very happy.”

Jeter shrugged his shoulders and replied, “I could throw ten $100 bills out of the window and make ten people very happy.”

Rodriguez added, “That being the case, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out of the window and make a hundred people very happy.”

Hearing their exchange, the pilot rolled his eyes and said to his copilot, “Such big-shots back there. I could throw all of them out of the window and make 156 million people very happy.”

Andy,  how do we edit the name of the thread?  The #1 has to come out, it is just disrespectful to the other 29 teams that are trying to win. 

Jon, the only way the sox might start winning is to put Varitek behind the plate again and Lowell at third.  When you take away the leader and the heart of the team, you get swept at home.  Its just no fun teasing you when they stink up the joint.

Lenny E

John Cristina,

I agree! No to the Jon O Sox #1 BS. Ive met you and Jon. However Let me suggest an alternative comprimise that may make everyone happy (or at least me!).

Baltimore Orioles #1. Go O’s…whooo Hooo! I know Im gonna going to get some hate replys and trash talk for this post! Bring it on guys!

Jon Olson
    Now John I can see why you have your pants in a bunch. Your boys won the WS last year and your doing good this year. Lenny please the Orioles now your dating yourself .When where they good 1940?

You know this is the biggest thread on the Fab Net. I think it speaks volumes about the size of Red Sox nation. don’t worry front runners the boys of summer are under control.
    Lenny E

Jon,

I can always dream! The 40’s?  Now Im not that old! The O’s won the series in 66, 70 and 83.

Lenny have the O’s won a game yet?  I always felt bad for Ripken Jr. getting stuck there, only getting one WS ring for all that talent.  One of the last players to do it the right way.

Tom M

” I think it speaks volumes about the size of Red Sox nation.”

It speaks volumes about the size of something, but I’m not sure it’s the sox.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Be nice to Jon this week, the Red Sox are about to loose an eight game lead and miss the playoffs.

One can only imagine the pain and suffering he must be going through.
    We are all standing behind you hoping for the best.
    Andy
    Len Smith

Hard to believe that Tampa Bay will probably get the Wild Card spot…Red Sox Nation versus Tampa Bay Empty Stadium. Tampa Bay doesn’t even have a Nation, they have a Retirement Village.

Wonder if Terry Francona will be applying for work at Sterling if the Sox lose the wild card spot?

;^)

Jon Olson

its good to see the Red sox thread back . I’m a little disappointed in the RED Sox this year. Too vanilla for my taste  the players are boring. I need Manny ,Pedro, Damon etc.. I hope when the year ends they get rid of the GM ,manager and even the owners. I think they have lost there focus

Andy thank you for your concern. What a good friend
    Len Smith

Manny is available again, and says retirement was a mistake…maybe you can still make a play for him and bump your payroll just a little more…

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Not a problem, I am always looking out for you. The Angels are out of the playoffs, does that help?

Len Smith

The Padres have a definite lock on the cellar!

Tom M

Well, that’s it, then…

The wildcard was theirs to lose – and they did.

Len Smith

I think last night was the wildest night of baseball I’ve ever seen.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 818 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.