Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    Len Smith

Thought I would start a thread for pictures just to see what other
    fabricators are working on.  It can be as simple as a vanity top, or as
    complicated as a 3D thermoform project.  The point isn’t to show off
    only your best or most complicated project, it’s to see if we can create
    a photo stream of new projects daily…just something fresh and new.

Since
    everyone at our company is off today, I’ll start it off with a pic of
    something we’ve already done, but will pick it up tomorrow with
    something fresh.

My office gets a lot of sunlight through a pair
    of windows , but it’s also not a great view outside, and we have bars on
    the windows for security (lots of computer stuff inside.)

We
    took some scrap Corian Linen to make frames, and some 1/4″ Corian Cameo
    White to make some Corian Shoji screens for the windows.  Diffuses the
    light well while still letting the light in.

This pic is just to get us started off.  Tomorrow I’ll snap something fresh!

Jon Olson

Len great post for many reasons. Its funny I was just thinking so many cool things going on in our industry we need to talk them up.

Love the picture. Currently the sun is pouring into my office .Gets pretty difficult to see my screen. I think I’m going to get some translucent material and put it into my window .something I can move if needed.

We have a few cool project going on .Some I’m not allowed to talk about. Currently we are making 5 Corian couches out of blueberry ice. We also have some thermoform desks that look like large eggs.

Here’s a picture of a few Formica solid surface reception desks

Len Smith

Great looking desk Jon, can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

The Corian shoji screens sit in slots we routed into the window frame. 
    They all slide so you can open them and have the window open as well
    when the weather is good.

Here’s a current project picture.  We’re working on a bench for a USMC
    memorial garden.  It is Corian Blackberry Ice.  The base isn’t complete, but you can get the idea of
    what the bench will look like.  It will back up against a wall:

KCWOOD

Two things going on….
    one a local McDonalds repair
    The other.. finishing up a kitchen I built…  putting knobs on and getting ready to lay the backsplash.
    Len… HAHA..   I went back to that thread and remembered after posting my work I realized why I never posted anything else. I’m not going to miss anyone!

Tom M

No pics, sorry, but we just finished some nice glacier white cabinets – doors and all. A lot of white. Whitewhitewhitewhite.

Richie Cunningham kind of white.

But cool.

Len Smith

Nice kitchen Kelsey, all the women seem to really go for those farm sinks.

Tom, you have got to take a picture of those cabinets!

Nice detail work Kelsey!!

Johnny C

home made batch of Genetrazzo  

KCWOOD

Gene, that is awesome.. I think. Now you are going to do what with all that stuff in that giant sandbox?

Hope its ok to play catch-up.
    I finished these “bleu” cabinets about a month ago. I do the tile work too, and also any hearth- mantles, ect. Women love the drawers I do…

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have some stuff to post. Keep posting, this is a great thread. Can’t wait to see some of John’s projects.

David Gerard

I have had a very active winter so far.  Aside from being swamped I have taken on 3 15 yr old students.  ! who is learning wood working and shop skills and 2 other who want to build guitars.  I am also building an electric gitter.  I started to use lots of SS on guitars.      The guitars are farther along since these pics.  My guitar has an “arctic Mariner” theme.   The wood is old doug fir from a ships deck.  Lots of iron staining in it.  The white on the cutaway is a piece of ivory SS (simulate a tooth) that im doing scrimshaw on.  The binding around the edge is also ivory with scrim shaw.  The peg head is SS and it now has an old style stock anchor in it.         The compass rose is a project i did for our city hall in a 1% for art award I got.  I inlayed it in a new top we made in the reception area.  I have a meeting weds  for another award for our college.  To early to talk much about it but it will have SS in its design.  All these extra activities are my attemp to ward off seasonal depression and have a blast with my young friends.

David Gerard

We did the ski team cutting boards this year too,  150 of them! Yes I know! Glad that’s done!     We made $6700.00.  LG made a  very generous donation of some shattered sheets that were perfect for this effort.   And as you can see Mady and I are still having fun doing our own fun cutting boards.  The white one is an experiment with scrimshaw. It was donated to a fund raiser for a women’s shelter.  Should fetch around $150.00  P.S.  Girls varsity ski team took 1rst place at  Burroughs and they road a luxury bus to the meet.

David..they are awesome ..not to also mention the inspiration the kiddos are getting…the cutting board inlays look fantastic…Len was on the ball by suggesting a thread like this…kinda feels like we are working together..

its The Fabnet workshop…im so freakin into it i got my safety glasses on while im reading and looking at these posts…looks like dust is hitting me

Paperstone

Michelle Goetzinger
    Blume’s

Lets see if I can get the picture to upload this time 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.