Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Shell

Congrats on the turn out! thats an awsome number of entries, Kudos to Jon and Dave for stepping up and pushing for more entries. this is a positive sign for future shows.

Kevin, Dont you announce the winners before the show? Doesnt the magazine come out with the winners before the show? I” be there cheering the winners…you know it…They definetly will get a free subscription to the fabnet

Kevin Cole

Hey Gene:

How’s married life treating you? I hope well.

To answer your question, because the entries are being judged at the show this year for both the small and large categories, even I will not know who wins prior to the show (although I’ve seen many of the entries and have a good idea who might win in some of the categories).

Best,

Kevin

Married Life is great..shoulda done it years ago..there were lots of entries at least Huh? great…we cant have this thing die…next year I am really gonna try to get with a MFG to sponsor some material…Im gonna take my time and do something WILD as well as promote the MFG……..I look forward to the show and I’ll see ya there

Tom M

Gene,

Uploading pics here takes forever for some reason on my computer, so I can’t post what I have for you.

I was rumbling through some papers the other day, and came across some images from a Vegas show quite a few years ago.

If Andy won’t mind, I’ll send him the pics and he can upload them. They are scans of printed pictures, so the quality won’t be all that, but the creativity is almost Gene-like.

Tom M

Here are the pictures that Tom wanted to post. Some are amazing.

Tom M

Thanks, Andy.
    There were a lot of items on display here at the time. Vases, light poles, tubs with translucent fronts that were backlit and heavily routed into reliefs, etc.

OH YEAH TOM!!!!!!!!!! dats what im talkin bout…I love the game board simple but very functional;….I am gonna make me a Superior Chess Board……..I love da game of Chess…….Chess is a way of life also for me….you lose a piece…dont get upset about it or focus too much on it or you’ll lose the whole game…….

And now that I am married…it still applies to my life….My queen is the most powerful piece on the board……she rules whatever i want to do…hehehehehe

is that Boat made outta SS or just da sails???

Tom M

Everything but the marlinspike.

There are more, but I’m trying to find them. I may have it on digital.

David Gerard

and the brass monkey

Tom M

Gene,
    You want to show your stuff with your mad ss skillz? The heck with the chess board.

Backgammon board, baby.

Jon Olson

I just wanted to say thanks to every one that entered an item in the design contest. It was a big improvement from last year. I think we can tweak the contest some more to make it more fun and enjoyable for every one that enters something.

Every entry was outstanding!

Please don’t give up. Start thinking now on what you can enter next year

Tom M

WHO ! Won ?

Gordon Doull

You mean besides Mr. “My Arms Are Full of Trophies” Olsen, right?

You know I really liked the way they displayed the entries and not just da winners, I want to let youse all know out there that next year that might happen as well….I got to see entries I would not have seen had it been done da previous way….

I for one was not intimidated by the superior entries….but rather inspired to challenge myself to see where can I go with my imagination next year…I hope youse newcomers to da industry arnt thinkin that well if Icant beat dem then Ima not entering…..PHOOEY...your participation will go far….I didn’t win but I participated…and this year a picture of my entry was on display to show all the people who visited anyway and I didn’t hafta pay a square foot display boof price now dats smart for those you havent gotta big advertising budget

So ya see newcomers or da like..next year submit regardless of whatcha think!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.