Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson
    Come on guys! This is your industry lets keep it going!
    Jon Olson
    Hey guys we need some small item entries for the contest.. Lets go. Your running out of time. At this rate Andy is going to win every thing.
    Paul Bingham

Jon,

Hummingbird will have two entries. One from Paul and one from Paul.

Will fax the forms tomorrow.

Paul

Granita

Well then, I vote for Paul !

Kevin, received the poster today. Awesome! We’re going to frame it in Solid Surface and hang it it the showroom.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

Well then, I vote for Paul !

Kevin, received the poster today. Awesome! We’re going to frame it in Solid Surface and hang it it the showroom.

Jon,

I am sure you will enter a bunch of stuff. People have already entered, but we need more. Let’s make a competition out of it. Bragging rights are always fun.

Tom M

FabNet should have some kind of cool stuff thread for thems that won’t be going.

Have a member’s only online vote, or somesuch.

Scott

Is ISSFA promoting this Jon??? Have not been to the site lately. As a member, I’ve also received no e-mails, faxes, or snail-mail from them as it relates to this show or contest. Why is that??????????

I sure as hell got bombarded when it was the quartz training class but THIS SHOW and THIS CONTEST promote the solid surface industry (The SS in ISSFA still stands for Solid Surface does it not?). So why is there no promotion?

I’d post this on their web sites forum but there is NEVER an ounce of response from those in its ivory tower, nor anyone else for that matter!!

Advise.

Jon Olson
    ISSFA has nothing to do with the contest. Its all Cygnus. There has been allot of promotion . I see it all all over the place. I think everyone knows about it . For many it could be they don’t have the time to enter something.

Yes the ISSFA BB is slow Sorry I guess you would have to ask those in the Ivory tower why they aren’t using the BB. I simply do not know.

But in any case this thread is about the contest lets keep it that way.

Jules

This thread, is about a Solid Surface contest. ISSFA, is a Solid Surface promoting orginization. Don’t quite care if ISSFA has anything to do with the contest or not. The fact of the matter is they’re supposed to PROMOTE all things Solid Surface!

Jon Olson

Dave , If you have a problem with ISSFA call them . What else can I tell you. I call them if you want me to. I think they should send an e-mail blast as well.

I still think this thread should stay as intended. To talk about the postive parts of the contest.

Jon Olson
    Okay I just sent an e-mail to a ISSFA BOD board member asking if they thought ISSFA could send an e-mail blast.. Interestingly yesterday Sandy Milroy from Cygnus e-mailed me yesterday asking if I had any suggestions on how to get the word out. One of the suggestions was to see if ISSFA could send an e-mail blast.

So lets see what happens

But in any case all of us can talk it up. Any of you venders out there have customers that can enter something? You know your customers better than any one why not ask them.

P.S. You don’t need to be an ISSFA member to enter something. The show is not part of ISSFA its owned by Cygnus.

Jon, I understand who owns the show. I’m just stating who I think should also be promoting it as well as the contest. Let me be clear, this is no reflection on you! As a matter of fact, you promote the industry more than anyone I’ve seen! You’d have my vote if you ran for the BOD (if I had a vote and if you ran.)

Norm Walters

Since we are hijacking this thread, what the heck. Andy and Jon have already been asked to be on the ISSFA BOD, both have declined. Personally I don’t believe the BOD have a whole heck of alot to do with the day to day operations of the organization. You need to have meetings more often than every three months to have any effect. I consider Kurt a friend of mine, but I don’t believe he has been able to do much over there, and not by any fault of his own.

Kurve Ltd

There is no “hijacking” here Norm. While the title of this thread is The Design Contest, there is NO DESIGN CONTEST unless PROMOTED! And, other than Kevin Cole through Cygnus, it aint happening elsewhere. That is WHY, there are limited to NO entries.

Glad I could be clear.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Do you think offering ‘Prize Money’ for the winner would get more people to commit? I don’t necessarily think it is required but I do think some would be more apt to enter if they thought they could win a small amount of money or tools for the trade.

Maybe have sponsors for the contest that would then donate tools or services to the winners.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.