Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Get it?

Tom M

One down.

KCWOOD

Tom…..   One down??

or was it two?

Did I hear you right,  when it goes up, the poster goes down?

Tom M

Something like that

Tom M

Or, you know, THAT

Dan McAfoose

We do not rod quartz, it can not be the rodding process, the tops have cracked when they are over 4 years old.  I would like to make comments about solid surface but we are to busy replacing them with stone! Must be I am the only one with this problem, or nobody else is willing to admit they have issue’s.

Brian Stone

Posted By Dan McAfoose on 12 Oct 2010 07:36 AM

Must be I am the only one with this problem, or nobody else is willing to admit they have issue’s.

I personally have only seen pictures of what you describe on the internet.

Bill Wolle

Posted By Dan McAfoose on 12 Oct 2010 07:36 AM

We do not rod quartz, it can not be the rodding process, the tops have cracked when they are over 4 years old.  I would like to make comments about solid surface but we are to busy replacing them with stone! Must be I am the only one with this problem, or nobody else is willing to admit they have issue’s.

Dan,

Could you please post a picture of the failure with a quartz top? I have been involved with quartz since DuPont introduced Zodiaq and have not seen this issue.

Also, you posted…

06 Oct 2010 01:07 PM
    Sorry for the confusion, the bars front and or back crack the length of the countertop parallel to the sink.  We have seen it with both steel and fiberglass rodding.  I have seen this topic on here prior to my post. Just looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I would like to see what we have in common, adhesive, rodding methods etc.

So I assumed you were talking about an issue with rodding. I did not realize it was happening without the rods.

Bill

Dan:

If you’re experiencing failures on unrodded estone, I’d look at my installation. There is a lack of support or unlevel/uneven cabinets or both. Tops have to go in flat at a minimum, level is preferable.

The failures you’re describing are symptoms, not the disease.

Joe

David Gerard

Hi Dan,  I am interested in why you are replacing solid surface.  Is it do to failure?  Is the customer simply  making a change?   If it is failure Im sure many of us would like to know  why so we can inprove our techniques if need be.

Thanks, Dave G.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Dan,

We replace all materials with all sorts of materials. Usually it is because of a failure of the top that is being removed. People like change. Quartz is the hot new product, something else will replace quartz in the years to come.

Dan McAfoose

We are replacing solid surface because people have experienced what it is like to live with it.

Dan McAfoose

I never once said we were having failures with quartz, they have been stone countertops. I will post a picture.  My comment about replacing solid surfaces was toward the gentlemen that had the comments about natural stone. Retaliation maybe!

Karl Crooks

Posted By Dan McAfoose on 20 Oct 2010 07:54 AM
    I never once said we were having failures with quartz, they have been stone countertops. I will post a picture.  My comment about replacing solid surfaces was toward the gentlemen that had the comments about natural stone. Retaliation maybe!

Sorry I may have mixed this up….. 

BTP has seen failures with quartz and stone due to rodding.

Dan McAfoose

Sorry, don’t me sound rude, we are just frustrated with the issue because we do not feel we are doing anything wrong.  I had glues tested and one that we WERE using expands when exposed to moisture.  What failures have you had?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.