Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Mory said I am not allowed to leave paradise.

Mory Ludwick

Andy,

You need to explain Paradise better. I don’t consider California Paradise. When the weather is always between 70-90. Paradise is November, December when you walk outside and can see your breath. Every step you take you hear the crunching of snow. You have to broom the snow off of your truck to see it. Then scrape the ice off of the windows. Winter in the Midwest, now that is Paradise. Fresh frozen air. No smog, no pollution. Come on out around November and we’ll go ice fishing and grill out.

Mory

Jon Olson

Mory I,am all over that

KCWOOD

Nothing like having to look down and see if your feet are still attached to you because you are so cold. Nothing like cold weather. !! Mory, I guess there is no need to send Andy an ice scraper for a xmas present??

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Come on out and I will show you what paridise is all about.

I’m with Andy on this one….

Jon Olson

I don’t consider living with smog and earthquakes a paradise like condition.

No smog here…

The last major (by that I mean that caused building damage and / or fatalities) California earthquake was Northridge in 1994. Before that the 1989 San Francisco quake.

I think it is barely possible with winter coming upon you that jealousy of Andy’s paradise may be setting in. LOL

I suppose everyone’s definition of paradise varies.

Norm Walters

Florida is paradise to me, mostly because of the fact that I grew up in Michigan. Funny thing is I still have relatives there but never have to go up there to visit them, they just keep coming down. Best thing of all no hurricanes this year, yet.

Jon Olson

Trust me I, am not jealous that winter is coming. I actually get depressed when the heat comes. Give me a 20 degree day with the snow flying any day. That’s two more earthquakes that we haven’t had.

There you go, everyone’s definition of paradise is different. Jon likes to freeze his butt off. Out of curiosity, how many blizzards, hurricanes, tornados, and suffocatingly hot summers have you had since 1989?

Norm, Florida is nice. I went to college there. A little humid and hot in the summer, but it definitely has its good points. After all no place is perfect. (We have earthquakes here….. 😉 )

SmileyCentral.com

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You guys are just Jealous. Anytime you want to visit is fine by me.

Remember an earthquake only last about 7 seconds and most of the time there is no damage and very few deaths.

Jon Olson

That’s a good point elise. New England is basically disaster proof. We have had about two blizzard in the last 5 years. We average about 100 inches of snow in the winter. As I, am typing its 48 degrees outside. Now that’s what I call a summer. This weekend going to buy some snowshoes .

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

What are snow shoes? We just call them “shoes”.

48 degrees….. I think we had that once in January for a couple of hours. We dont use snow shoes, we use water skis.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.