Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author

I can not think of a closer spot to the convention center than little lake bryant (which could be booked) unless we had the picnic at a pool of a resort ($$$) Mind you close to the convention center is still about 2mi. down the road. Cab in Orlando are not like Vegas, there is not as many.

Norm,

if you need help with this let me know. My wife is good with this sort of set up thing. Does it on a regular basis with her job

John

Norm Walters

John, since Avonite is sponsoring the picnic I’m not sure how much of it they are going to handle, I am still waiting to hear from Mory for my contact at Avonite, as soon as I have some more details I will let you know. Is Little Lake Bryant a state park or just a lake with resorts on it, I haven’t been able to find it on Orlando’s parks and recreations web page.

Mory Ludwick

Norm,

I am not dragging my feet. I will e-mail you contact information in the next few days. I have not been able to call anyone this week, because I have had too much on my plate. It is still very early, but I will turn all of the information I have over to you. You can then move forward with it. Thanks.

Mory

KCWOOD

What he said about cabs is true, sometimes it is tough to find one in Orlando, unless you are at a hotel, airport, ect. Getting to and from a park might be tough unless you had a rental car. Then, we all know Florida is famous for the afternoon rains? I know most hotels cater such events, but as one said, it can get pricey. The Rennaisance at Seaworld, just around the corner from the convention center, host such events. They can do it indoor or out. We have stayed their for 18yrs and have seen many social events going on. Just an idea, if the parks are booked.

I am having dinner with a rep for a major manufacturer down in Atlanta friday night. He has always said, whatever he can do to help, just ask. Maybe we can get a co-sponsor for this event, and do it up right.

So, keep your fingers crossed!!

I dont think that little lake bryant is a state park. It might be owned by Walt Disney Co. It is a public park I believe, but can be reserved for events like this. It has been a few years since I was there last but I will make a few calls today and check how we might be able to get it, if we want.

Mory,

I guess Avonite has not told their distributor down here about the picnic, but I did. I am sure the distributor will help in anyway.

KCWOOD

Mory, Andy, all,

Just coming back from the IWF show, I am pleased to announce that Festool would like to Co-sponsor our picnic. Their marketing dept never hesitated when the request was made. They will be awaiting all the details.

The only stipulation they asked was all their reps would be invited too! : )

Stay tuned,

Kelsey

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Kelsey,

Mory is working on all the particulars with Avonite. Mnay issues that arne’t resolved so stay tuned.

KCWOOD

I will take care of the hot dogs… Kentucky style!!!! LOL : )

KCWOOD

If I didn’t know better, I think my last post left Mory speechless..

Pretty cool eh Mory?

KCWOOD

Hey Mory…..

We can do baked beans now too! Here’s what I came up with!

[THB]KyGrill.jpg[/THB]

KCWOOD

Ok everyone, i was just kiddin… I didn’t mean to put this post to sleep.

I can’t cook, Mory never gave me a chefs hat…

Norm Walters

Kelsey, not to worry, the picnic is going to happen even if I have to put a grill in the back of my van in front of the convention center, lol. Seriously though, it’s just going to take a little time to put together now that more sponsors want to get involved, stay tuned.

KCWOOD

Good things come to those who wait…..

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Kelsey,

You actually scared the crap out of me. I have no idea how you cook in your area, but between the big cups and the rack, I am not so sure I can make it to a picnic. 🙂

KCWOOD

Come on Andy, You can hang with us midwest guys. Everyone needs to experience a little midwest culture.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.