Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

KC, For the record the DuPont online order system does a good job of getting the confirmations to me.

How close do you work near the warehouse? My sheets will be shipped from far away. Frankly, in most cases that’s not an issue. My Corian gets to me from upstate New York, so I’m used to it.

Will Livingstone stand behind the seams with their warranty? The join with the sink? Is the plumber covered? I ask, because another sheet manufacturer won’t, and that worries me.

KCWOOD

Tom, I cannot tell you about the warranty since I haven’t had a warranty claim with anyone since I started 10 yrs ago, and don’t plan to.  

I don’t know of any other company that covers all that… but I guess since Dupunt gets $500-600 extra from you for each 3 sheet job, they can cover anything.
    I’m 90 miles from the warehouse, but I’ll save enough on the will call discount to pay for gas. I go to Nashville for other reasons too, so I make 1 trip and make several stops…

In my experience as a Corian warranty agent for 14 yrs.  (not for the last four, since another company under bid me and took over my territory), I can say that DuPont will cover the seams and plumber costs if the job was installed by a certified fabricator installer and if no customer misuse or fabricator error is to blame.

Johnny C

KCWOOD

Posted By John Christensen on 14 Jul 2011 02:59 PM
    In my experience as a Corian warranty agent for 14 yrs.  (not for the last four, since another company under bid me and took over my territory), I can say that DuPont will cover the seams and plumber costs if the job was installed by a certified fabricator installer and if no customer misuse or fabricator error is to blame.

Johnny C

Wouldn’t it be fair to say, if a seam fails, the fabricator didn’t get a good fit of did not clean it well, or if a corner breaks, the customer would be blamed for doing something?

How does a seam fail and it not be fault of the fabricator or the glue manufacturer?

Tom M

KC,
    That close to Music City? I am so frickin jealous…

Everyone gets bad glue every now and then. It happens. I have had very few warranty claims in our history, but they do happen.

Most of our warranty claims have been for sink failures, and still, not a lot at that. As for your statement on the extra cost to cover the warranty added to the product: a competitor and good friend of mine used to seam mount the Elkay Starlight Corian sinks. They cost so much less than the standard fabricator sinks that he could bank a hundred dollars off each sale into a fix it account and clean up doing his replacements if there were any issues. So, yeah, I see where you are coming from.

Most of you newer fabricators would be surprised at how much the sinks used to cost (and how much money we made from installing them).

“I can say that DuPont will cover the seams and plumber costs if the job was installed by a certified fabricator installer and if no customer misuse or fabricator error is to blame.”

My experience has been that when there is a corner or seam failure it is usually fabricator error that is at least part to blame.  There might also be some customer misuse involved (electric skillet maybe, without a protective trivet).  Possibly it may not have failed without the fab error component.

In these cases Dupont will cover the cost of repair even if it was due to fabricator error.  As long as it was a certified fabricator who did the fab and install.

Johnny C

We at Capitol Granite have invested in new machinery to keep costs down. There is nothing you can really do about the rising material cost. Instead we try and save prices elsewhere.

WOWKACUI

once they raise their prices, everyone else will follow……..

Tom M

Fighting to maintain prices is not always a good thing. When you start giving up service for efficiency, or when you try to jam more installs into a schedule, putting the pressure on the installers to do a hurry job, then something gets lost for the savings.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.