Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Thanx,
    yep I hear ya! Good luck with getting them to make it.

Wider sheets? I think Fromica still offers 36 inch. wide sheets and they do come in handy.

Unfortunately they don’t offer them in Australia mate.

Lenny E

Wow, no 36 inch sheets in Australia. Did Laminex ever give a reason why they dont offer them? Just curious.

Effective March 2009, we discontinued the 36” width material in our Solid Surfacing line with the exception of the Artifacts Collection which will remain unchanged.

Low demand on the 36” width material does not justify dual inventory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We always had more waste with the 36″ wide sheets. Avonite was 36″ wide and some still are. I would love to have a 32″ x 132″ sheet. Little bit wider would help on splash and edge, the reduced length would make it so you would not increase the overall square footage, keeping the price the same.

Jon Olson

Its all about nesting. Thats how you beat the sheet game
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, we have saved a ton by nesting everything manually. Takes a bit longer, but the savings is amazing.

Hi Guys, can I drag this topic back to its beginning?

Corian has gone up 10% across the board in Europe and my understanding from DuPont was that the increase was worldwide.

Has there been an increase announced in the US or in Australia? The fact that no one is complaining suggests to me that none of you outside Europe have been hit with this hike.

Can anyone confirm whether any increases have been announced outside Europe (if not, then I’ve been fed a line….)

Tom M

Patrick,
    I originally posted that I didn’t think the price increase would be 10%. I was correct, but not in the direction I had hoped.

Our A series went up 17%.
    Our B series went up about 23%.
    Most increases were between 17% and 23%.

I don’t quite see why Corian wants to price themselves out of the market, but that’s what they seem to want to do.

A fabricator I was talking too was thinking that maybe the big guys won’t get this increase (or may get a different multiplier than they had) in order to narrow the fabricator network (heh) of that product. It sounds plausible, but I don’t know for sure.

Any of you big guys want to chime in?

This is madness!

p.s. I did not post any actual prices, so I think this is OK. If Andy, Norm, or etc. disagrees, feel free to delete this post.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t think it is a problem to post what you pay for material, only for what you sell it.

Complaining about the prices are a waste of time. You get the stock answer and you still end up with higher price material.

I’m surprised it cost what it does when all the competitors seem to be holding somewhat steady on their prices.

We are lucky in Australia Patrick we have formica they are so cheap if the other companys want to sell their products at high levels they have no sales. And I have not heard of any suppliers putting up their prices, but as you probably know our dollar is pretty high at the moment which should mean products would be cheaper but they are not !!!

Tom M

Has anyone else gotten their price increase/ It should be seen at least thirty days prior to the price taking effect.

No notice yet.

Well, it came today.  Notification that I should expect a Corian price increase in the amount of 19.5%.

It will be interesting to see what the other producers will pass along.

Johnny C

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.