Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 312 total)
  • Author
    Seth Emery

Welcome, Josh, from Lititz, PA. Keep up the enthusiasm, and you’ll go far. The FabNet is a great place to learn. There are so many experienced fabricators here. Let me know if you’re ever in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area (this goes for all FabNetters). Maybe we can meet up and/or you could visit H.H. Ross.

Seth

Posted By Seth Emery on 26 Feb 2013 08:23 PM

Welcome, Josh, from Lititz, PA. Keep up the enthusiasm, and you’ll go far. The FabNet is a great place to learn. There are so many experienced fabricators here. Let me know if you’re ever in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area (this goes for all FabNetters). Maybe we can meet up and/or you could visit H.H. Ross.

Seth

Great Seth, I appreciate the extended invitation!

Seth Emery

Welcome, Josh, from Lititz, PA. Keep up the enthusiasm, and you’ll go far. The FabNet is a great place to learn. There are so many knowledgeable and experienced fabricators here. Let me know if you’re ever in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area (this goes for all FabNetters). Maybe we can meet up and/or you could visit H.H. Ross.

Seth
    Seth Emery

Welcome, Josh, from Lititz, PA. Keep up the enthusiasm, and you’ll go far. The FabNet is a great place to learn. There are so many knowledgeable and experienced fabricators here. Let me know if you’re ever in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area (this goes for all FabNetters). Maybe we can meet up and/or you could visit H.H. Ross.

Seth
    Michael

Hello Folks,

Name is Michael, currently living in Edinburgh UK. I got into Corian through client requests for Lithophanes and some custom cutting. Now I am shifting business focus onto it more; as I have gotten a very good response from architects and designers for doing bas-relief work, cameo’s and other types CNC work into solid surface. I also work with edge lite acrylic projects and looking into some other possibilities as well.

Currently using a custom designed and built gantry router and working with a few folks on the design for the next one as with the way this looks to be growing I will need to not only be able to cut larger pieces but also true 3D.

If their is a gallery I will gladly post pictures for folks and I currently work with fabricators over here and will gladly help out anyone on project that they something cut for a client.

Look forward to learning and improving my skills with Corian. By the way it is wonderful stuff to cut, easy to clean compared to some wood products I have worked with and much better then most other plastics i have worked with. One question, what is the best paint for working with Corian? As I have some clients that want engraved signs with one or two contrasting colors added.

Michael

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have not painted Corian except to use a spray can to make a name plate for my Dad’s desk. Seems to have held up fine but it’s only a name plate that doesn’t get much use.

You can post picture right here on the Forum. Just look under the text box and you will see a place for ‘Attachments’. Upload the pictures and insert them into the post. That’s all there is to it.

Sue Turner

I have used acrylic paint in the past when I would route a detail in the material and either spray or brush in the paint.  You don’t need to be careful you just let the paint dry and sand off the excess.

khushivis

Hello friends i am khushi and here i want to discuss about the oil expeller business.

joe

Hello all! My name is Joe. I work out of Corry, PA doing service, install, template, office, blah blah blah of solid surface and stone. I have been a FabNet “stalker” for years, lol. I love the site and the seemingly good natured banter of this site, and the knowledge is priceless. I just joined as a member for networking and and would like to add to the conversation where it is relevant. Thanks all for a GREAT site!!

Tom M

Joe,
    welcome to the posting side of FabNet. If they let idiots like me post, you won’t have any problems.

David Gerard

What is “relevant?” Many of us have not learned that yet.
    Hi Joe, have fun!

Tom M

Well, we tend to average about three posts before the thread derails, so “relevant” must be Latin for “Three or so”.

David Gerard

Ha! crackin me up! Thread Wreckers Unite!

So, what is the price of tea in China when the dragons are restless?

Johnny C
    David Gerard

probably depends on the type of tea?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 312 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.