Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard

When I was 18 I bought a  Suzuki gt 550 2 stroke,  that thing was fast ,  I use to have to sit up a little on the tank when I poured the coal to her, by 4 th gear she would settle down and by then I was laying flat with my helmet bobbin in the wind.  i kept the local dealer in biz with all the chains and sprockets I bought.  i could usualy take a Kawasaki  kz 500 but not the 750.  out of the hole  was awsome ,  if I took a good lead  i did good.  Lookin back I wonder how we all survived,  glad I have a daughter,  well maybe,  she has a 
    Polaris “vertical Edge” 550 snow go

Wags

It’s not about the destination its about the journey. I don’t want to go like a bat out of….you know.. I want to kick back takein the sights, the smells and enjoy the journey. Perhaps its my age, guess thats why I have a geezer glide….. I too use to buy “Jap crap”

Jeff Vickers

Wags,

Az sounds really great, can you hire a bike easy?

Karl,

Those are really good shots of your bikes and make me envious of the weather also.
    I have been out this afternoon done about 100miles quite warm for this time of year 50deg F but still a lot of salt down whick kills chrome.
    Quite a few of our gang have HDs. One new Glide at Xmas still not been ridden most of the HD riders are fine weather riders over here.

Just a few mods since the last photo – nice!

Cheers,

Jeff

Karl Crooks

Posted By Wags on 19 Feb 2009 07:38 AM 
    ………… There is nothing as relaxing as a ride in the mountains on a nice twisty road………………  

I agree with that, but a ride up the coast on HWY 101 is real hard to beat.  Crashing endless waves and sunsets on one side of you, with rolling hills or rocky mountains on the other side.  Alot of great food, cold drinks and fine sites along the way.   

Wags

Thats on my list Karl… Actually anywhere on a bike is a great ride. Having ridden Yammies for many years I have to admit, there is a difference when you climb on a Harley. Like the Video says, it really is a lifestyle. I have never met more kind or giving peeps than bikers. Every ride is a charity for something or someone.
    Jeff… Whats nice about az is we have great weather and little or no humidity so nothing rusts. No salt etc. When it get hot here in the valley, we head an hour north and Im at 5000 ft altitude and cool weather.

http://www.cyclerides.com    Barry puts out a newsletter each week, whats happening etc but also has suggestions for day or longer rides. When the weather is bad ( below 60 ) this is where I “play” and dream of my next trip.

Brian Stone

My “Jap Crap” (I prefer crotch rocket by the way) is up to about 37,000 miles now and all it’s needed is tires, oil, a chain, and a set of sprockets.

Photobucket

Karl Crooks

Posted By Brian_Stone on 19 Feb 2009 05:43 PM
    My “Jap Crap” (I prefer crotch rocket by the way) is up to about 37,000 miles now and all it’s needed is tires, oil, a chain, and a set of sprockets. 

Sweet bike Bryan…. I miss those days… I need a bigger garage.  My last Jap crotch rocket was a Honda VTR 1000 V-Twin, it was a crazy.  I grew up on Jap bikes, my 1st street bike was at 15, been riding ever sence. I have to agree with Wags tho something about a Harley…..  there is just nothing like it.

Ride safe man !

Wags

My first ride was a Honda Sport 50 back in 1964 ! Had that bike till a couple of years ago at a cabin we had in Wisconsin. Im just at a different point in my life, I don’t mind having to make an appointment to pass a car .. im built for comfort not speed any more !

Jeff Vickers

Hey Brian, what’s  sprockets and chains

Ran this as second bike for a while, but it had to go as it looked like I was on a magic carpet (a very quick one).

Jeff Vickers

Wags,

I used to have a little Yamaha 80 around about 1967/8 it was great fun but I can’t remember why, but I sold it, and did not ride again until 2003 when I then had go for my full M/C licence.
    Nearly bought a HD a few times but liking my comfort, stuck with the fully faired bikes.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Karl Crooks

Wags and Jeff some of the must fun I have ever had on a bike was when me and 3 freinds went down and got 4 new Honda 80’s. One of the guys had 5 acres of land close by, he turned his horse coral into a mini supercross track. We would bang bars and slide around in the mud for hours, it was NON stop FUN !

Wags

After I outgrew my “50” I got a Yammie 250 enduro… dang we did a lot of off road riding, jumping etc with that. Bikes have always been an “escape”. I went into the harley dealer, expecting to get a sportster or something “under 10k” . My wife fell in love with the glide for comfort etc. So the 10K turned into 20K but, we have had some very enjoyable times since then. And I have more trips planned, for this year and next. You can’t explain to someone “why”, unless they ride they just won’t understand. Im sure “car guys” feel the same way, as do RVers.

Gonna be in the 79’s this weekend.. can’t wait !

Karl Crooks
    Fri
    Clear
    67°F | 49°F

Sat
    Mostly Sunny
    70°F | 54°F

Sun
    Mostly Sunny
    74°F | 54°F

Here’s our forcast

Jeff Vickers

I think we might break 50f in the morning – yehaaa

San Diego or Az sounds amazing!

David Gerard

Wags,  see,  I need your sweetie to call my sweetie and remind her of how much fun a bike road trip is,  or better yet?   A fabnet intervention?  If I give out her e-mail and the vast members here,  I mean the “distinguished”   members here cast thier vote I could be doing counter bids  and delivering samples on my  “Road King” .       In another life my wife was part owner of an anniversary 76 HD lowrider.   That bike covered some ground for sure.   I just want my turn.

Heck I’m only 46 and by no means going through one of these mid life crisis things but more in need of adventure like I was use to.     My dreams lately include this bad boy.  (06 police model)  
    If I had this bike I would wear a furrow  in the one rd coming and going  to Homer.   I would be willing to  make runs 220 mile to Anch just for  female supplies?    Look at me,  I’m begging,  I am so pathetic!                  Oh, P.S. all you readers,  I am currently accepting donations to help finance my dreams 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.