Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Vickers

Whilst all the doom and gloom can get you down, one of the things (after family) that can make me smile is my motorcycle (US Spec). I ride all the year round (except snow & ice) and give my saturday mornings to encouraging other bikers to improve their skills.

Karl Crooks

Jeff where are you loacated, how long have you been riding ?

Great looking bike !

Wags

Even tho its a winger, we still luv ya . come to Az we ride year round,, course we use oven mits in the summer !

Jeff Vickers

Hi Karl, I live in Rotherham – centre of England, we have some great biking roads here. I have done Wales, Scotland, Holland,Belgium & Germany which is amazing for biking (no limit on some roads) and of course the Nuburgring (4 laps). Only been biking five years but love it. Founder member of this Club- http://www.rotherhamadvancedmotorcyclists.com/

Hi Wags, I used to be a BMW pilot but the wing suits me (it does go) and the beloved better. Oven gloves  in Az, I would love to ride there! One day, perhaps!

Cheers to you both.

Never put your machine where your eyes have not been two seconds before.

Wags

Jeff
    If you ever get to Az please let me know, I’d love to show you some of the greatest riding anywhere. And perhaps, even let ya sit on a “real bike” A harley of course ! LOL

Karl Crooks

Here is my last bike I built up, it was a fun little Sportster. I enjoy working on them as much as riding them in sunny San Diego !

Karl Crooks

More for ya

Karl Crooks

I sold the Sportster and used the funds to buy a Road King, not as fun in some ways but a MUCH better ride. Here how it looks now after a few mods, sorry for the large photos ………

2002 RK

Karl Crooks

Photobucket

Karl Crooks

Photobucket

David Gerard

Karl,, I can’t believe I just licked the computer screen!  I have been looking at Road kings for some time now,   my wife looks at me funny every time I mention it.    I told her I need an adventure.   I suggested i buzz down to OR,  fix her sisters house , buy a roadking there and peddle it home to AK.

Those bikes are beyond cool!   What year is the road king?   my buddy still has his high scool bike ,  a HD  78 cafe.

Wags what is the diff between a road king and electra glide? (seriously)

whats the diff between a Hoover and a Harley? (this is a joke)

Karl Crooks

Posted By Jeff Vickers on 18 Feb 2009 06:39 PM
    Hi Karl, I live in Rotherham – centre of England, we have some great biking roads here. I have done Wales, Scotland, Holland,Belgium & Germany which is amazing for biking (no limit on some roads) and of course the Nuburgring (4 laps). Only been biking five years but love it. Founder member of this Club- http://www.rotherhamadvancedmotorcyclists.com/

Hi Wags, I used to be a BMW pilot but the wing suits me (it does go) and the beloved better. Oven gloves  in Az, I would love to ride there! One day, perhaps!

Cheers to you both.

Never put your machine where your eyes have not been two seconds before.

Jeff how sweet to be riding in England

Karl Crooks

Posted By David G. on 18 Feb 2009 11:21 PM
    Karl,, I can’t believe I just licked the computer screen!  I have been looking at Road kings for some time now,   my wife looks at me funny every time I mention it.    I told her I need an adventure.   I suggested i buzz down to OR,  fix her sisters house , buy a roadking there and peddle it home to AK.

Those bikes are beyond cool!   What year is the road king?   my buddy still has his high scool bike ,  a HD  78 cafe.

Wags what is the diff between a road king and electra glide? (seriously)

whats the diff between a Hoover and a Harley? (this is a joke)

Thanks man …… I got my 2004 Sportster for $4K did some work to it for next to nuthen, then sold it for $8K, found a 2002 Road King with 9K mikes on it for $10K in Las Vegas, flew in and rode her home the same day. Got a few mods left to do on it

Harley makes a line of bikes they call Touring bike, they all have the same frame, motor and such for the most part, but the Road King is the most stripped down and other like the Electra Glise have more stuff on them. Check out Harly web site to learn more.

Wags

Ive ridden mine from Arizona to North Carolina and back and this May Im hoping to ride in the Run To the Wall, to DC for Rolling Thunder on Memorial day. There is nothing as relaxing as a ride in the mountains on a nice twisty road. Also doing a week trip this summer with my 13 year old grandson. Going to tour Colorado mountains and the 4 corner area.
    Karl is right about the Glides. These two videos explains bikes and bikers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2olCKnTVPI  

Brian Stone

Posted By Wags on 18 Feb 2009 07:22 PM

Jeff
    If you ever get to Az please let me know, I’d love to show you some of the greatest riding anywhere. And perhaps, even let ya sit on a “real bike” A harley of course ! LOL

Don’t get me started on the “real bike” thing. Having 3 uncles with road kings, and living in Milwaukee I hear it enough.

Brian
    *the proud owner of a Kawasaki ZZR1200*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.