Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Steve Mehan

Andy, The second picture is after sanding the area for about 1 hour. The discoloration is still there.
    I had this issue with there Allegheny color a few years back and I have been able to sand out the discoloration on most but some I can not get it all the way out.
    We decided to stop using the EOS product and now I see that they have discontinued there color Allegheny all together hmmmm. I recently contacted them by phone and sent pictures by email asking for some help and to see what can they do for this and no responce then I sent a follow up email also with no responce.
    I have never received any advise with this issue form EOS other then the discussion here on this thread from Gordon and at first from Ken Trinder back in 2010 telling me to just try sanding.
    As for my shop we will stay clear of the EOS, GEOS & CUPRON until we feel confident in there products enough to offer them.

Fab Man

I had problems with the EOS material almost from their beginning. Discoloration
    of the material between sheets from the same skid lot. Also problems with their original bowls having surface erosion and discoloration. They were quick to provide a free bowl but no assistance towards the labor. This left a bad taste in my mouth so I stopped using their product.

Not good when you don’t provide warrantee on 6 month old material. 

I was not the only fabricator in my area that had problems with the manufacturer.

Lenny E

A shout out to Steve Mehan,

I am using your 1 month soak test on dark colors made from various resins (our standard commercially purchased  resin, vs some candidates , new resin designs made at our resin plant from recycled materials).

I just wanted your permission to use your test, if you would be so kind. If you don’t mind, I am referencing it in the report, as the” Steve Mehan Long Term Soak Test”!

Lenny E

double post, sorry!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

‘Steve Mehan Long Term Soak Test’ , that is classic. I am glad to see someone actually tested it. Someone on here said that solid surface would actually absorb water over time and I found it hard to believe. I guess it’s true.

Nice discovery Steve.

Steve Mehan

Lenny, your more then welcome to use whatever information I found out when doing my testing.
    I was happy you were able to assist with your expertise.

Lenny E

Thanks Steve, the “Steve Mehan Long Term Soak Test” is now online and official!

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.