Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Wags

Al

You would be surpised at how well everyone got along, even all the different products. Its the old “a rising tide floats all boats” thing. When choosing the topic I always tried to get people that would help the fabricators become better business people. I assumed most were decent fabrciators, but they lacked the business knowledge. It worked well. It ended because I got tired of doing all the work with no support, after all the promises of Oxley. It may be a bit harder today, due to many of them also are doing stone, but if we have good programs, they will come.

You do have to twist a few arms, which Im good at :).. to get them to show up. Thats why a good distributor rep is needed. They see the fabricators on a regular basis and can help pass the word. I always looked at my competitor as being what was that customer going to do with their disposable income. If they decided to remodel a kitchen, I knew I would get my share. Much like the car dealers, they all locate next to each other, knowing, if someone is going to buy a car, they would each get their share.

We would have a half hour greet and meet, with product displayed by the sponsor. Then half hour for dinner, then our speaker. Generally took about two hours. We started at 6 and were out by 8:30, but many came early or stayed late and had a drink with others. After all if were trying to promote Solid Surface, we can’t be worried about someone else doing it also. Be more worried about the customer spending the money on a new car, or a trip. You will draw from the local area, though we did have folks drive up from Tucson, about 100 miles away.

Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.