Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson

I don’t mind being warned of something. I just don’t like Topshops crusty manner.  its not necessary  In fact its a turn off.  If you want to be the Howard Stern of granite top instructions take the show somewhere else

I do not believe that it is possible for cold rolled steel stuck in a bed of polyester will ever break down in a kitchen environment!!

nssthan:

Is seeing believing?

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Topshop,

If you were an idiot I would explain what everyone is trying to tell you. Your not so I won’t.

Nathan

In my experience cold rolled steel stuck in a bed of poly will in fact break down over time. Although it will only break down under certain circumstances…prolong exposure to moisture and UV and you also have to consider the state the rod is before you use it and the channel that is cut.

In a typical kitchen if the rod in your sink rail is being exposed to prolong periods of UV light or water then it was simply installed incorrectly. I’ve fixed countless kitchens where the problem was that the sink was not installed properly.

The rod for obvious reasons should be roughed up a bit and should absolutely without a doubt have not rust on it before it is installed. Should go without saying but it is surprising how many people don’t know that.

Epoxy is certainly better for rodding over poly in my experience, but you cannot dismiss poly as a viable option is some cases for rodding. Again it has to be installed correctly!

Thanks for the Fabnet and the discussion it certainly is entertaining.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Nathan,

I think it’s supposed to be educational too.  🙂

KCWOOD

You know,,,  Those that try to convince others they know
    EVERYTHING…
     is really annoying to those of us that do!

Topshop

“TopShop comes off in a very abrasive manner, mainly because he’s a dick most of the time   .”

Hey Cam, While your statement is correct I believe your official title for me from our past head butting sessions had to do with a particular female hygene aparatus.

P.S. thanks for the backup.

Mr Olson, What’s with the resume in your signature area? Its bigger than most of your posts. Did you not get enough attention or pats on the back as a child?

Jon Olson

top shop your proving my point.  I had a good childhood great parents who taught me some good stuff. I use my signature to help market my company. It works pretty well

Jon Olson

The funny thing after I posted I realized top shop all you have been doing here is ripping others and telling us about your accomplishments. So it seem kind of strange for you to remark on my signature.

You don’t need to go to war here. What do you want from folks? It cant be just your way.

I appreciate you took the time to read my signature did you notice the last line? Lets put value back into Countertops?  One way is for all of us to work as a team ..  Things go better that way. So join the team and lets get this started.

Bill Wolle

Thanks for the Fabnet and the discussion it certainly is entertaining.

I think it’s supposed to be educational too.  🙂

I might add comical and sometimes sad…

KCWOOD

Posted By Topshop on 07 Jan 2011 02:16 PM
    Mr Olson, What’s with the resume in your signature area? Its bigger than most of your posts. Did you not get enough attention or pats on the back as a child?

Topshop, 
          You have no idea what you look like to the rest of us on the Fabnet and others in the countertop business who are veterans in this business. Jon is really bigger than life when it comes to surfaces, bigger than life when it comes to helping others, and bigger than life as a person. 
    You have brought nothing to this forum, nothing at all, empty.

I’ve been on this forum from day 1. This forum was developed as a source to share information, by people in this business.  What you have brought to this forum we do not  need nor do we want.

Unless you want share pictures, techniques, or videos and a positive attitude and leave the commentaries behind, you need to find another forum  to vent your thoughts.

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 07 Jan 2011 06:10 PM

Posted By Topshop on 07 Jan 2011 02:16 PM

Topshop, 
          You have no idea what you look like to the rest of us on the Fabnet and others in the countertop business who are veterans in this business. Jon is really bigger than life when it comes to surfaces, bigger than life when it comes to helping others, and bigger than life as a person. 
    You have brought nothing to this forum, nothing at all, empty.

I’ve been on this forum from day 1. This forum was developed as a source to share information, by people in this business.  What you have brought to this forum we do not  need nor do we want.

Unless you want share pictures, techniques, or videos and a positive attitude and leave the commentaries behind, you need to find another forum  to vent your thoughts.

Wow, why didn’t someone tell me Andy died and left Kelsey in charge?

Yeah, Top’s got a few rough edges but we’ll get him in shape soon enough.

Speak for yourself, please.

Joe

Topshop

Jon, I don’t start it. You butted your head into my rant with someone else. Sometimes its best to mind your own business. You guys are just getting to be fun.

Sounds like Kelsey wants to join the fun too.

Hey, I don’t ever get personal with anyone until someone wants to get personal with me first. If you feel I have nothing to offer you I will offer you nothing. I am just one of those guys that if I am disrespected I give it back harder – just me – I seldom back down and resumes and positions of stature don’t impress me much. I could care less who you are or what you have done for others. I started here commenting on someones careless methods – I got insulted personally behind the scenes and brought it out to the open – yet this thread continues to get watched and dragged like a dog mistakenly tied to a bumper.

I will try to be nicer but if you guys keep slamming me I can keep going and laughing my butt off.

Than, you are the man.

Topshop,

If I recall, Than posted a video and you proceeded to insult his every step. That seems pretty personal to me.

Maybe it would be a good idea if you practice what you preach.

As for insulting Jon and KC, you may want to research who you are insulting before posting again.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.