Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Russ Lee

. . . So this is kinda what I’m thinkin’. They have March Madness for college, so we could have February Frenzy at the show. Frenzy Friday would be the preliminaries, featuring the sweet sixteen (or more) and Super Slammin’ Saturday would be the Final Four of BS (belt sanders).

I envision a dual track about 8 in. wide with 3-4 in. rails on either side and a 4-in. wide slot going down the middle to hold the extension cords. The BS association runs a 50′ long track, which sounds good to me. If you look at the videos of races, the belt sanders usually have horizontal wheelie bars on either side of the machine to keep it from bumping into the side rails.

There probably ought to be some kind of rules, but the only one I can think of is the sanders are plugged into a power strip with the switches stuck on. When the power strip’s switch is flipped, off they go. So, Gene if you can get an airboat fan on your sander and have it fit the track, go for it. You’ll definitely get extra points if you can get the pet squirrel to be the driver.

Lenny E

Russ,

You are like me, a wild and crazy guy. I cant wait. Rules! Who needs em?

Lenny

Russ,
    Gene’s already got that squirrel driving him to template and installs. With the A/C cranked up and no fan to get his tail stuck in, I don’t think he’ll be willing to drive a sander.

oh right this thread is getting squirrely…I wanna know if wew are doing it………….what about States? The Florida Fireball….the California cruncher, the Texas… well finish it for me dudues…get your own name…Im doing the Florida Fireball

Unridden belt sander contests? Please. This is what I’m talkin’ about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJd6tLwN1OI

Joe

Aw Man…that looks excitng   wow..i looked at the related videos too…dam..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKsAUxiL9E&feature=related

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.