Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

ok… something is going on… this site post while i am typing…  why does the page refresh about every 30 sec?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I think I see what the issue is. It has something to do with Internet Explorer and the way Java script.  Ads rotate every 30 seconds, is that when it refreshes on your browser and automatically posts the partial post?

KCWOOD

Andy, I went to a different restore point and did away with the IE update. Seems fine now… 

But yes, it was when the page refreshed it would post.  I ignored the last Java update after the IE… maybe that was the fix for it. 

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Not to get off topic too much, but IE is a real problem and if there is ever an issue it is usually with setting on IE and not the site.

KCWOOD

I’ll remember that the next time I can’t sign on because you are restoring the FabNet site….  LOL 

Brian Stone

Posted By Kowboy on 09 Oct 2010 10:30 AM

I listened to Brian say that a Rotozip tool would never last drilling through 1 1/4″ granite, despite my providing a video that demonstrated it doing exactly that (nineth one down). Of course Brian has never substantiated his claim that the tool would not last.
    I know it is completely unreasonable for me to expect people to substantiate what they say.

Joe

Joe –
    We use RotoZips here for doing minimal cutting on site. Usually they last around 6 months. I think the longest one has lasted is 12 months. That’s just doing minimal cutting on solid surface, particle board, and drywall with 1/4″ diameter bits.

I can’t imagine that one would last more than a couple holes running an 1-3/8″ diameter bit through 1-1/4″ of stone. Even if by some miracle it does make it though 2 holes, there’s no way that it would be faster than a grinder with a real core bit in it.

Brian

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

To be fair, it never really shows the Rotozip cutting with an 1 3/8″ Diameter hole saw on 1 1/4″ granite. It just show the hole saw cutting granite.

Why don’t you call Bosch (makers of rotozip) and ask them to show you.

KCWOOD

Brian… sounds like you need Joe to teach you how to do things better, faster.

Brian Stone

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 11 Oct 2010 12:29 PM

I must!

I should probably put him on the payroll as a consultant. Afterall, I did hear that he was nominated as educator of the year for the annual SFA awards. (I bet you can’t guess who the nomination came from.)

KCWOOD

Nope..  Not that i can’t guess… i won’t.

I know my friend Matt R was at the workshop…  maybe… nah…

Matt Rickard

I told you not to tell anybody Kelly.:) But I actually didn’t get to cast my vote because the K-Boy was way to long

Matt Rickard

Posted By Matt Rickard on 11 Oct 2010 06:27 PM

I told you not to tell anybody Kelly.:) But I actually didn’t get to cast my vote because the K-Boy line was way to long

Posted By Brian Stone on 11 Oct 2010 01:25 PM

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 11 Oct 2010 12:29 PM

I must!

I should probably put him on the payroll as a consultant. Afterall, I did hear that he was nominated as educator of the year for the annual SFA awards. (I bet you can’t guess who the nomination came from.)

Brian:

I did not nominate myself for any SFA award. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Joe

Brian Stone

Posted By Kowboy on 11 Oct 2010 08:37 PM

Brian:

I did not nominate myself for any SFA award. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Joe

Joe –
    I suggest you read and comprehend the posts to which you are responding. In no way shape or form, not even under the wildest Kowboy mischaracterization, can my suggestion for Kelsey to guess who nominated you for educator of the year imply that you were the one that entered the nomination. I don’t know who did any nominations or have any experience with who else was nominated. Kelsey was looking for a conversation so I provided one with some relevance. The evaluation and suitability for this application is completely his. My obligation to help a fellow FabNet member has been met, regardless of your distortions.

Brian

Posted By Brian Stone on 12 Oct 2010 07:37 AM

Posted By Kowboy on 11 Oct 2010 08:37 PM

Brian:

Joe

Joe –
    I suggest you read and comprehend the posts to which you are responding. In no way shape or form, not even under the wildest Kowboy mischaracterization, can my suggestion for Kelsey to guess who nominated you for educator of the year imply that you were the one that entered the nomination. I don’t know who did any nominations or have any experience with who else was nominated. Kelsey was looking for a conversation so I provided one with some relevance. The evaluation and suitability for this application is completely his. My obligation to help a fellow FabNet member has been met, regardless of your distortions.

Brian

Brian:

im-ply tr. v. 1. To involve or suggest by logical necessity; entail: His goals imply a good deal of hard work. 2. To say or express indrectly. 3. To entangle- see infer.

The American Heritage Dictionary Second College Edition

Clearly and obviously you implied that I self-nominated. Now that you’ve been caught lying about me, instead manning up and apologizing you chose to say you didn’t say what you said.

I don’t do shitty work, I don’t cite bad sources, I don’t engage in circular reasoning and I don’t self-nominate. I know the difficulty and frustration this causes you name-calling Kowboy haters and I’m enjoying it immensely.

Since my last post, I’ve got written proof that I didn’t self-nominate as you alleged. I’ll share it with anyone who asks. That’s called substantiating what you say Brian. I suggest you and your Kowboy-hating friends try it some time.

Joe

P.S.:
    Imitation is the highest form of flattery. I love it when you quote my own words back to me. Thanks and keep it up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.