Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Davis Linder

Dave,

I used it on the Quartz job we installed yeasterday and it gives a little something extra on the finish especially the edge where our stone fabricator tends to sometimes leave a little dull. I also tested on a throwaway piece and a piece of splash that part of it had faded in the sun. I left on for about a couple of hours before wiping it off. It had hardened on the surface took some serious work to get off but it enhanced the faded area on the splash but not to a point where it was brought back to the rest of the splash.

Phil Y

A couple of hours left on and yes, it will be hard to buff off by hand. Have not tried it with a wool bonnet on a buffer but I will. Recommended time left on the top is 20-30 minutes…no more. I’ve had quite a few folks tell me what you just did, the top is fine but the edge is a little dull and does not match the top so they spray on the edge profile, let sit for 20 minutes then wipe to a shine.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

Jesus, Mary & Joseph…we’re getting of on a “what does that mean” thingy. This product, Quartz Enhancer, does not stain.

My question to you Andy is: Does Quartz stain?

I was not trying to be pain in the ass. What I meant to say is that if the enhancer works so well which I am sure it does, does this mean that quartz material will absorb food stains like wine and mustard. That is what I was curious about.

Yes you were Andy, It’s worked well in what we’ve tried it on but I have a coated piece, part of our sales counter, with a few drops of wine on it now. Put it on Friday before I left for the weekend. No Gene, we don’t have Merlot in the fridge at work.

Keep in mind, this product is not the cure all for all your ES ailments. It will have it’s place but it’s up to you fabricators to to see what place that is for your needs.

Karl Crooks

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

So a multi-million dollar company came out with this product be cause it has no uses?

Dave thats funny, and yes we all see that all the time, sad but true.

Karl Crooks

Andy wrote

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

Jesus, Mary & Joseph…we’re getting of on a “what does that mean” thingy. This product, Quartz Enhancer, does not stain.

My question to you Andy is: Does Quartz stain?

I was not trying to be pain in the ass. What I meant to say is that if the enhancer works so well which I am sure it does, does this mean that quartz material will absorb food stains like wine and mustard. That is what I was curious about.

We have seen Quartz stain…. but so far it has been bad material that had mirco voids in it.

Thank You Karl.

Ben patel

The worst stain I have had to deal with was a cement colored ceasar stone that got black rubber marks from sitting on a shop cart this summer… we ended up removing it with GoJo hand cleaner after trying alcohol, acetone, and numerous other cleaners.

JohnCO

Kevin, this product is not a stain remover, just an enhancer.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.