Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Chad Pitcher

Not necessarily.

So what you’re saying is no engineered stone on the market stains?

Sincerely, Devil’s Advocate

Dani Homrich

Andy,

If the product has a curing or hardening factor then it would be considered a sealer no matter what it is called. A enhancer is a wipe on product that can easily be removed like the Silestone enhancer for the Leather series. Putting a product that hardens on ES would very similar to putting the same product on a SS top and we all know how well that works. Products do not stick very well to Polyester and any top coat applied to ES will cause different issues down the road and greatly reduces the type of products you can use to clean and maintain an ES countertop. Manufactures of ES do not recommend putting any type of hardening top coat or sealer on their product.

Dani

Frank

“Products do not stick very well.” I do think you left out the absorb part.

I’ll have details at 11. This one should be good.

Tom M

Products do not stick very well to Polyester and any top coat applied to ES will cause different issues down the road…

B-B-But Dani! it’s 93 percent by weight quartz! Didn’t you hear? 93% by weight Quartz! How can it not stick to a material that is 93% by weight Quartz!

Why, there’s almost no poly in it at all. A meazly 7% by weight, that’s it!!!111!

Gabriel

Not 7% on all and I can show you product that will ABSORB in to it quite nicely.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

Not 7% on all and I can show you product that will ABSORB in to it quite nicely.

I am interested in hearing about this. Does that mean this product or other like it could stain the material?

Ismail

Jesus, Mary & Joseph…we’re getting of on a “what does that mean” thingy. This product, Quartz Enhancer, does not stain.

My question to you Andy is: Does Quartz stain?

Tom M

Well, if the product gets absorbed into the material, is that not a stain?

I’m just sayin’…

Michael Baum

The “product” is not the proverbial wine, grease, lemon juice, etc…that stains. Why are you splitting hairs??

Go to info@mather and click on the link.

Tom M

Friday night is nit-picking night isn’t it?

Oh, that’s next week? Sorry, my bad.

Hey, by the way, what’s the big deal sending a hurricane our way. You guys in Fla-la land are supposed to get these things.

You’re welcome…on the Hurricane thing. We were lucky again this year, 2 years in a row. I’m sure all the insurance big-wigs are IMMEDIATELY going to lower our rates. NOT!

Dani Homrich

Tom M wrote
    Products do not stick very well to Polyester and any top coat applied to ES will cause different issues down the road…

B-B-But Dani! it’s 93 percent by weight quartz! Didn’t you hear? 93% by weight Quartz! How can it not stick to a material that is 93% by weight Quartz!

Why, there’s almost no poly in it at all. A meazly 7% by weight, that’s it!!!111!

Tom,

Polyester bulk density is 34 lb/ft³
    Quartz bulk density is between 97 lb/ft³ & 125 lb/ft³ depending on the size of the crystals.

@ 97 lb/ft³ the 7% polyester by wt. becomes 19.97% by volume.
    @125 lb/ft³ the 7% polyester by wt. becomes 25.74% by volume.

This all means that at lease 1/5 and possibly as high as 1/4 of the sheet is polyester.

Dani

Jason Lamont

That would be why GelGloss works so well on es surfaces…

Tom M

Dani, yeah, I was being facetious. What a cheap shot by the manufacturers to take that 93% line of crap and try to stuff it down our gullets.

Dani Homrich

Tom,

I’m just making sure everyone is keeping the facts correct, that there is allot of poly in ES.

Andy,

I have not found a product that will stain ES that can not be removed very easily with one kind of cleaner or another. Now if someone is trying to remove a stain with the wrong type of cleaner for that stain, sure the stain will still be there. The trick is to use the right cleaner or solvent for the type of stain you are trying to remove and the stain will be gone.

Dani

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.