Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Jverrill

So that slab of Quartz comes in and we have a little shading problem, a lttle scratch, duller on one end than the other.

If you could buy a product that you simply sprayed on and rubbed in thereby creating a uniform, enhanced color from one end to the other, and stayed that way……..would that work for you?

Tom M

Sounds like cheating to me.

Is it just a coating that will wear out and need reapplication? Will it get into the sandwich that “never(!)” gets made on the countertop?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Inquiring minds are about to find out !

Karl Crooks

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

So that slab of Quartz comes in and we have a little shading problem, a lttle scratch, duller on one end than the other.

If you could buy a product that you simply sprayed on and rubbed in thereby creating a uniform, enhanced color from one end to the other, and stayed that way……..would that work for you?

Dave from what I have seen this type of product it is not something that last, in the long run it wears off. Unless you have something new ????

abriana

We’ll be testing it over the weekend but obviously Karl you’ll want the product to stay on for the long haul. I always take maunufactures claims and run them through the flaming hoop. This happens to be a very high end, reputable company but as always, we want to see it for ourselves.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So what happened with the test. We often have hazzing on the edges of quartz material. Being non-pourous material, wouldn’t anything that you apply only be on the surface?

2 FabNetters are testing the product. We already have and it works great, especially for your purpose Andy. I’ll get you a bottle out the door today. You should see the differance in our quartz sales counters.

Enhance Dave

Karl Crooks

Dave I did some testing, heres what I found……

First off thats some strong smelling stuff, it must be good !!

I used the product on a few counters with these problem types….. haszing, dull spots, scratches and other odd issues on the decks of the counters.

The product was pretty EZ to work with and it did leave a VERY nice shine that ADDED ALOT of depth, you could see into product more and all of the colors really jumped out. Very nice I would highy recomend this product if thats what your looking for !!!

As far the haszing, dull spots, scratches and other odd issues …… they ended up being more noticeable…… as with most surfaces that have a shine, problems show up more. Please keep in mind these where NOT minior issues, each problem was VERY noticeable in the first place.

Dani Homrich

Karl,

Is it like a sealer that hardens or is it wipe on product like the SS products C-Magic, etc.

Dani

jan Pedersen

Karl, I understand that whatever top you put it on, apparently had some major issues. The product is not for removing med. to deep scratches. That obviously is where a top polishing/sanding method comes in. We’ve seen “hazy” tops (our) where it blended it very well. All haze is not created equally though.

We here a lot from fabrictors that there customers went with stone because the quartz was not shiny enough. Heard it today from a walk-in. With Superior Quartz Enhancer, the problem is solved.

Karl Crooks

Dani Designs wrote

Karl,

Is it like a sealer that hardens or is it wipe on product like the SS products C-Magic, etc.

Dani

I’m not good with the make up of the product, but it must be a sealer of some sort, NOT just a wax like C-Magic.

Slab Master

If it was akin to countertop Magic:

A) I would not be distriburing it.

B) I would not waste time getting FabNetters to try it.

C) Tell the Boyz in J-villed it’s PATENTED.

Dani Homrich

Karl,

It is not recommended to seal ES because of the Polyester in the product. Polyester is an extremely poor binder for any product applied to it, about the same as a zip-lock polyethylene bag. The problem is the sealer will pop lose on the poly allowing water to get under the sealer leaving a white haze or dulling of the finish. Fixing one problem will only lead to another problem do the road or a customer call back. Dull, white, or hazy edges are finishing issues, that must be addressed at the fabricator level. White and hazy edges are caused from too much heat, use slower speed, less pressure more water. Keep the Quartz under 200°, save the poly and your edges will look good without putting a cover up on them.

Dani

DWI

So a multi-million dollar company came out with this product be cause it has no uses?

I’ll let the quartz folks decide. OH WAIT! They already did. Thank you to the folks who buy, and like this product.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

So a multi-million dollar company came out with this product be cause it has no uses?

I’ll let the quartz folks decide. OH WAIT! They already did. Thank you to the folks who buy, and like this product.

Dave,

Dani was specifically talking about a sealer and not your enhancer. Aren’t they two different things?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.