Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Amy

Thanks for the input, Kyle. We may not agree on selling material to homeowners,

but I respect anyone who joins in the work.

I like the use of colors in the logo. Tell your designer I said it was good work.

Thanks,

Al

Tom Stoffel

Al, you can use this logo…

Ok, Ok…I know. I like the blow up of the world pic.

Oh here youse guyz are, I haven’t been looking on this section. like I said before i like the Test tube…i think it’s awesome I love the globe its awesome…the globe gives all kinds of the opportunities we want to do not just testing. i know we are intersted in education, marketing, Values of solid surface, design options, tool reviews, etc…Would i be acting Greedy if i suggested we should have da Globe with a smaller test tube around it, an education logo,maybe a marketing leads logo. a tools logo, kinda surrounding the globe like a clock type thing……whadayathink?…ok then how about at least use the test tube logo for the scientific testing page or section of the website, then come up with category logos…ya know maybe i’m just plain logo crazy. but the test tube and the globe are a tough pick for me!!..Whadayathink?

Got to keep it simple, and the idea of a logo is to have one distinct image to represent the company.

Both the test tube and the globe are good, but I lean toward the globe as being more inclusive.

Let’s give it the rest off the week, Fred hasn’t hollered yet and if no one is yellling at me, I still have plenety of time to goof off.

Norm Walters

Al, what do you think about the globe with a radio tower on top of it, with radio waves coming off of the tower. It would be true to the mission statement, “a broadcast to the world” of the attributes of solid surface. Works for me.

Kris Simon

Hmmm,

Too busy, but at least someone is thinking outside the box here. I know I brought up the radio signal thing, but not for sure if we would have to explain that to often.

I think that the .org part might get across the outreach part of SSA, tried the book thing, but thought it looked bad.

That is not a bad looking logo, the blue and black globe. Not too different in black and white, which is one of the things that Fred pointed out as being important for a logo.

Perhaps whe should also insert, “Stone, the best choice for mortuary slabs, grave markers and used world wide to enforce Islamic morals.”

Norm Walters

Al, I’m still laughing at your last post. Also trying to figure out what will happen first, will you get sued, or will someone off ya.

Lenny E

Hi All,

Sorry for not posting about this, Im back to China for a day or two then back out again. WHere I was working had dial up, 40 kbs, so I really couldnt stay connected for too long,.

All the logos look fantastic, I do agree with Tom M, there should be something in there about marketing, but Im good with any logo thats chosen.

B Rgds,

Lenny

Al I was wondering that too along with Norm, will the MIA police arrest us for slander or exposing da truth? lol we better be cool. you know them statements could fuel up some people…whatta idea Al! Recycled stone headstones. Stoners can now give customers the sink cutout for their tombstone when they die…what a great gift , Us solid surfacers can only give em cutting boards…boo-hoo

Norm Walters

Gene, we need to get together one these days, email me your cell number, Dave gave it to me awhile back and I threw it in a box and lost it.

Norm, i was thinking the same thing you got me first, Netx time you visit dave for supplies, we can do lunch or something my shop is about a mile away from dave, anyway my cell is 727 459-0936. don’t hang up when you hear the cell phone playing music its a verizon thing . i also wanted to talk to you about website advice, dave and a few others gave me tips and referrals, i like your website too, dave is great for all the seperate click on and categories that’s what i kinda need because of all the scopes of work i do. i never really needed to market before the word of mouth thing from past jobs and my old place of employment keeps me busy…but just in case which will more than likely slow down, i want to be prepared.

Thanks alot Al! Here I was in the design phase of a beautiful Solid Surface mortuary slab with a nice no drip edge,(modified to a 6″ height to keep in the innards) sloping drain board running, and custom engraved with the morticians name. Now the $10.00 a SqFt Granite guys are going to be all over this.

Hey Mike,

Ever hear the story about the first electric chair? It was thought up by Edison, who was an advocate of D.C. power over A.C. which was his former employee, Telsa’s invention. They figured it would scare consumers into not going with the A.C. system and stick with local power plants that Edison owned selling D.C.

Perhaps we need to bring back capital punishment in a new form, death by crushing with slabs.

Anyone else get that issfa fax, admitting that sales of Solid surface were way down? They were selling a sales seminar for several hundred bucks.

Al,

Old Sparky alive and still leading a shock filled life here in FL.

Capitol Punishment idea is good.

We got the fax for the $1,000,000,000 mentoring program. Is that the one your referring to?

Norm Walters

Ok, in defense of ISSFA, they do have great education programs, I’m pretty sure most that have attended will agree on that. Those that haven’t, don’t know. Just speaking the truth, and I didn’t renew my membership for other reasons.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.