Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Anyone out there good at designing logos? The SSA needs one designed. I played around with the free logo design online, but nothing jumped out at me as being just right.

Help please!

Rob Parker

heres a little something….see what ya think. If you want better I can get my graphics guy on it…hook you up.

Rob Parker

Bruce Mathis

Rob,

You are making me wonder if I stumbled on something and dismissed it. Here are the ones that

I made with some of the free logo software before I gave up and asked for help.

Amazing how alike your logo and mine were. In my mind, we want to project an image that a bank or

insurance company would, serious, professional, trustworthy, solid and yet tie into one or more of the

texture or color possibiities possible with solid surface, yet definetly not look like stone.

I think another reason for dismissing what I had done was the lack of graphic content, no arches like

McDonalds has, if you get my point. Do you think that this is unnecessary, having graphics?

MD

Here are a few ideas to batter around. You can open them in Microsoft Paint and play around with them or make your own.

We need to get the logo done by this weekend for Fred so he can finish up the data entry softwar for us.

Thanks,

Al

Our designer saw this post and wanted to take a hack at it. Using your last concepts as a basis, this is the result of the exploration…

Norm Walters

Kyle, you really make it difficult to hate you now, lol. Still pissed at the distributors though. Thanks for working on that, it’s actually perfect.

Tom M

Is that all the SSA is to be? Lab testing for solid surface and other materials?

I thought there would be some outreach and marketing. I don’t see that in any of the lab test logos.

Just my 2p.

Norm Walters

Tom, the project for the time being is the bacteria testing. Included is educating customers. One must crawl before they can walk. Unless of course you have a rich relative that will give the SSA a boost, say 500k a year, for the next five years.

Tom M

Well, I’d say [p]ut me down for a year, but there’s that maserati I’ve benn looking at….

Norm, the logo is the logo for the whole association. You don’t think that this one puts a bit too much focus on lab stuff?

Norm Walters

Tom, you have a point there, I do like the mad scientist look though. Do you have any logo ideas, it would help if we had more to choose from, and I believe Al would like to make a decision by tomorrow.

Tom M

Norm,

Don’t get me wrong, the whole Irwin Corey mad scientist thing works for that part of it. A characature of Lenny (with or without the shades) would do fine. Maybe add a megaphone, a speaker, or radio antennae for getting the word out.

If someone new what a cluebat looks like, we could put one of those on. Some folks need to get hit with one to see the light.

I like the idea of including something connecting the education portion. A radio mast with the old lightning type signal going out would almost work, but perhaps something more computer orientated. I dismissed the idea of using a mouse and mouse pad, but perhaps a screen or something.

Maybe something scholarly would work.

Tom M

Yeah, that’s pretty much the idea.

Okay, here are some changes brought about by the suggestions.

#1 below

#2 below

# 3 below

# 4 below

#5 below

#6 below

# 7 below

#8 below

#9 below

My favorite is #4 or #5 logo. If anyone wants to save one of these and play with it,

right click on it and “save as”, then find the file, right click and use “open with” and

click on Microsoft Paint.

We need to wrap this up tomorrow night so Fred can do his majic.

How about we vote on which one to use starting Sunday? Wrap up voting on Tuesday night

and give the design to Fred?

Since we aren’t buying anything permant, it can be changed later if needed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.