Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Gordon, How does the whole relocate laser thing work ?

the only bad thing about auto update is that I forget to go look at what cool things have been added. 🙂

Gordon Shell

Here are moving the Laser Directions….

1. Digitize everything you can from the first location.

2. Switch to cross mode and shoot 2 points that will be visible from both locations. These points should be clearly marked so that the user can be sure to accurately hit the same points from both locations. (use the pin targets if you can) Also, placing these points further apart from each other will help the accuracy of this function, but as a rule of thumb they should be at least 3 feet apart.

3. Move the laser to the new location.

4. Re-level the tripod if necessary.

5. Click Draw -> Re-position laser.

6. Aim the laser at the first point.

7. Click the cross on the screen that corresponds to the point that the laser is aimed at.

8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the second point.

9. Switch back to line or arc mode and continue digitizing.

It is important to keep in mind that the accuracy of this leap function, like the leap functions of all digital templating systems, is dependent on how accurately the user can hit the same 2 points from both locations.

Gordon Shell

Check out the “windows journal” in your programs for a kool sketch program, you will also find “Navigon” there.

Gordon Shell

To add a backsplash to a countertop:

1. Click Draw.
    2. Click Add Backsplash.
    3. Enter the Material Thickness and the Height (or Full Height) of the splash.
    4. Choose a color you want it to be represented in.
    5. Click Ok.

6. Now click 2 points that will be then ends of the backsplash.

7. Finally click in the direction you want the offset to be. In this case above the line.

Gordon Shell

To draw a Bump Out:

1. Click Draw.
    2. Click Bump Out.
    3. Enter the distance you want to extend the bump out.

4. Click 2 points, and then click away from the line in the direction you want the bump out to extend.

Gordon Shell

To Add Text to a .dxf file:

1. Click Draw.
    2. Click Add Text.
    3. Type in the text you want.
    4. Tap on the screen where you want it to appear.

Jason Coache

Thanks for the responses…for what ever reason I can not see the drawings or displays you were trying to show Gordon. At any rate, think we are going to send out our LT-55 for the upgrade. Just not sure as to when it will be.

As for the estimating part of the program and how it works with excel. (I have never used excel and not sure where to start). Anyone have anything to say about how the LT-55 handles that? Or any other suggestions for estimating software?

Gordon,
    1. How can I tell if I have the latest update?
    2. I have a selection for manual but when I click on it nothing happens.
    3. how about updating the videos on your website to include some of these new features… maybe a latest update tab with a video.

I have version 1.0.0.182

Gordon Shell

186 should be released very soon, try to connect to the internet to see if there is an update available for you, it should load automatically, if not then it will be released on Monday when our programmer returns from vacation.

There are all new videos at http://www.laserproductsus.com look under videos then under the pic of the XL.

Gordon Shell

Eventually you will have the videos right on your samsung.

Gordon, I watched the videos but they were from the original realease and dont include all of the new cool updates.

Gordon Shell

The videos will be updated soon, the program is improving on a daily basis, 184 is the latest public release, I am working on 186 and it works great and will be released soon.

Gordon Shell

Version 169 was released last night, we have just about everything now! We changed the photos from PNG. to JBG. makes it alot easier to email and doesnt eat up as much space.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Brian Briggs

Jason

You will be glad you made the upgrade. The tablet makes a WORLD of difference!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.