Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Ok I just got the upgrade to my lt….. Love it but do have a few quetions.

1. When I linked to my network then tried to access the sd card my antivirus software went crazy.. somting about a wormtater32 or somthing.. tried to clean it and now it shows up all the time.

2. I had a loaner laser while mine was in for upgrade. I notice on my loaner that the laser dot (rectangle) was at a 45 deg angle, while my original is straight up and down. Why ?

3. I Like the drop in feature. I actually think the old one had it but with such a small screen it was just a pain. How do I create other drop in’s ? Like the B/N function.. I want 4 others. Just letters… V,F,X and S

Can you help me out ?

Gordon Shell
    Posted By Travis H on 04/02/2008 11:33 PM

1. When I linked to my network then tried to access the sd card my antivirus software went crazy.. somting about a wormtater32 or somthing.. tried to clean it and now it shows up all the time.

2. I had a loaner laser while mine was in for upgrade. I notice on my loaner that the laser dot (rectangle) was at a 45 deg angle, while my original is straight up and down. Why ?

3. I Like the drop in feature. I actually think the old one had it but with such a small screen it was just a pain. How do I create other drop in’s ? Like the B/N function.. I want 4 others. Just letters… V,F,X and S

Can you help me out ?

*********************************************************************************

Travis,

Glad to hear you got you unit, hopefully this response can help you.

1. Sounds like you have some sort of virus, I would run your antivirus software and remove that program, some times you can do a google search for that virus and there will be instant fixs on line.

2. The Laser light on your loaner was one of the new heads that our laser supplier is making for us, they both have the same accuracy, they just changed it on us for some reason. If you are having trouble hitting the pin targets with the 45 degree line then let me know and I can put in a request for you to get some of our wider targets.

3. To add the custom letters or shapes that you want, you have to create those in a CAD program then save them to your “Templates” folder, same thing if you want to add DXF bowl files, you can download the DXF files from the MFG and then save them to your templates folder. I have a customer here in MI that has about 200 bowls saved into his Drop-in area.

If you haven’t found it yet, go into ” programs ” and look for “windows Journal”, open it up and start sketching or writing. The program is awsome! you can draw directly on the screen and write notes just like you would with a pen or pencil.

You should also find a program called Navgon in the programs, this is your GPS program, you will need to purchase the GPS antenna from samsung.com to use it.

Feel free to call me if you have any other questions.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Posted By Travis H on 04/02/2008 11:33 PM

Can you help me out ?

Travis,

You may have a virus and you may be able to fix it by doing a “System Restore” on windows xp. This will solve your problems in many instances. Just go back a few weeks and restore. Remember, you will have to reinstall anything that you installed during that time frame.

Got rid of the virus thing. Problem is, It was on the sd card. Hopfully it is not on the new samsung puter, there is no virus protection on it.

I like the windows journal. All hand drawings and job notes are done right on the screen now. Pretty cool and I love the hole camera thing being right there. Capture image in Lt software it not so good. doesnt really seem to work at all.

Whare is the customer sig thing ?

Gordon Shell

Good news on the virus. I thought you would dig the Windows journal, makes taking notes very simple.

The signature line is in the bottom left hand corner where your digital keyboard is, once the keyboard is open you can click the options on the side of the screen to get the signature line.

In order to get customer signatures you will need to download your contracts into word and then use the signature line to capture it, you can also link the Windows Journal to your docs to capture their signature (I’m still working on the steps to accomplish this.

If the camera blacks out on you, slide your finger over the lens real quickly and it should fire up, it is very slow to catch up if your moving around alot. You can also just skip the “add photo” option and just push the shutter on the top of the unit and it will fire up the Play camera and it works great, save the file as the job name, into the same area where you save your job.

If you have the LT-55 screen up when you hit the shutter button you will see the program at the bottom of your screen in the tool bar, just tap on “play camera” and the camera will open.

At the bottom of the camera screen you will see a folder, thats were your photos go after you take them, hit the arrow pointing towards you and you will fire up the web cam that looks at you.

Just installed virus protection on the lt unit…. Virus is still there. Cleaning it now.

Gordon, This thing is awsome. Before buying it I didnt realize that is is a full blown computer. Windows xp profesional and all. I am impressed

Gordon Shell

I download movies to mine for when I fly, I can do powerpoint presentations from it, etc.

We are still working on more options that will come to you thru updates, I’m pushing to get a Festool router attached to the back of the thing, just drop it on a piece of SS and watch it cut……..

Just kidding.

Gordon, I heard a roomer. I heard that in the future you will be able to move the lt around the room and keep shooting. Is this true.

Just an idea, you now have a camera on the thing so you might as well incorporate some of the technology from the phototop system. Talk about an all in one system

Gordon Shell

Who know what we will do next, this thing has come a longways and Laser Products has no intention of sitting still, they are always coming up with something.

Jason Coache

Hey guys, I don’t mean to butt in to your conversation but, I have had the LT-55 since 3/04 and absolutly love it like it’s a first born child. I have seen many software upgrades for the PDA version since we bought this and for the most part not really used any of them. I have always been a tech geek and love to have the latest/greatest thing. I have always found the PDA great for just making the template but not practical for completing a drawing which was (for me) a 1000 times easier done in AutoCAD. I am on the hill as to IF we should upgrade to the Samsung. I’ve seen the video’s on the LS website and I am definatly interested in checking it out. But at a $2000 upgrade I wonder if I will end up using all the newest features or fall back to the tried and tested way with the PDA. Any thoughts, idea’s or concerns you guys might be able to help me find my way? Also, I have never really needed to use the estimating software & excel but have considered it lately to help work out a few problems we are having. Is anyone using the estimating software and what are your thoughts on it?

Jason,
    1. Ability to take pics
    2. wireless connection
    3. customer sign off
    4. you will fillet in lt software… the rest is still acad
    5. can do hand drawings on the new samsung
    6. i dont use estimating software as i have spread sheets with surface calcs and pricing so I just put the excel sheet on the samsung. it is nice to quote a cusotmer right on site. Still only do it every now and then.

Overall I think it was a great upgrade for me. I am a tech kind of guy so I like it. I dont use it to the fullest but 2 main things i really like. Pics and wireless. Get back to the shop and you importing.

ONe more note…. automatic updates. It just does it. Pretty cool

What the heck else are you going to spend 2k on anyway. It is expensive but i look at it this way. The lt has paid for itself 10 times over so I imagine this 2k will do the same.

Gordon Shell

Travis,

Thanks for the response.

Other additional features would be:

Bump-outs, create a PDF file for printing, GPS built-in ( just need a 30.00 reciever, 2 usb ports, SD card slot, windows journal note pad, bluetooth, wireless, abilty to record video, add drop-ins or sink DXF.s, 3-point arcs, manual circles, lines, points, multiple pages ( being able to shoot an entire home, kitchen, bath, bar etc. into one folder on separate pages, Saves pdf,jpg,dxf,and excel file into one folder. Free updates ( already had 87 updates since March) automatically downloaded to your unit when in wireless coverage. We now have the “re-position laser” function, giving you the ability to “leap” like the proliner and arm.

Because the XL runs on windows XL, you have the ability to load any programs you want to the system.

Please feel free to call me with any questions.

Thanks 616-293-6170

Gordon Shell

Forgot to mention that in Version 186 we have added the user manual to the help menu.

Thanks

Tom M

Gordon,
    Does the three point arc vary from start – include – end and start – end – include? Sounds similar, but it does make a difference. Also start – end – radius?

Gordon Shell

Couple of different applications:

Bump out- chose the distance of the bump, select the 2 endpoints then tap the screen you wish to bump out, the arc will be centered.

manual arc: Touch 3 points on your drawing and it will create an arc that intersects all 3.

Laser mode arc: hit 3 points in any arc and the software connects them to create that arc.

Anyone that is interested in running the software live can join me at http://www.gotomeeting.com and I can let you run the software in real time. just give me a call to schedule, I’m available all day today to do demos.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.