Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Nigel Tuffnell, if I remember his character’s name correctly.
    Here’s a bit of trivia: Do you remember the old National Lampoon Radio Hour?

There was a character on it called Flashbasbo, Space Explorer. You can youtube some of the shorts, I think.

Christopher Guest played Flash – the same Christopher guest who played Nigel Tuffnell on Spinal Tap.

Jon..I am so sorry..I still havent been able to digest that you are no longer Sterling..I know grant pays the bills..LOL  but i just always Felt it was Jon Sterling Surfaces….please tell them to send me more Luma crunch as well..

BTW.. I dont think you would be aloowed to send this thru the mail anymore…looks like toxic seashells from jersey..
    I love me some Luma Crunch…lenny is the greatest for inventing this stuff…I remember I didnt have much money as I was starting my business..and I showed off this stuff…and I ate pretty good for a few weeks…It was so funny how when I started my business 6 years ago..I was doing stuff like inlays that went out of style for the big shops..I bought them thingys back with a vengeance
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You still doing a fair amount of inlays Gene?

Lenny E

Gene, thank you for the kind comments. You always were an innovator . Never afraid to to take a chance and roll the dice.

When I see a “Green” Genie Post I flock to it like a moth to a flame. You are an ‘Out of the box” thinker for sure.

Please don’t stop posting on here. I love your posts.

BTW if I ever get back stateside. I may want you to cast an AK 47 and some pistols (non working of course) and cartridges in a 3 CM resin top. I need to measure that AK to make sure you don’t need to go thicker.

Now that would be a table of legend.

yes..Lenny..I cannot wait for that..Im gonna be doing a job in Jamaica soon that is pretty cool for this guiaterist/ vocal rasta dude..loves my styles..I moved from Inlay to making the whole top a epoxy resin inlay..but..I got a video of him doing his um reggae beats jam thingy..peppy tune

Andy oh yeah..its like almost 90 percent of my tops..Im even inaly concrete these days

yes..Lenny..I cannot wait for that..Im gonna be doing a job in Jamaica soon that is pretty cool for this guiaterist/ vocal rasta dude..loves my styles..I moved from Inlay to making the whole top a epoxy resin inlay..but..I got a video of him doing his um reggae beats jam thingy..peppy tune

heres are some recent ones

Lenny E

Gene, you da man! Hanging in the Rasta world!

I don’t smoke that stuff anymore (wink, wink) but I have been to known to catch a contact high from time to time!
    I gave it up for Acid! heh, heh.

Those are some smoking sweet fabrications I have to party with you some day. You and me in lockstep, there ain’t nothing in the surfacing world we could not accomplish!

Word!

yes..Ziggy and Marley and da boys are pretty wild..I inlaid white pearl avonite in Tiger bamboo as well..I got many pictures and they are windows 8 and i can do the reziser thing quickly anymore…I got some crazy stuff ..Lenny..we would have fun together..I do wanna make my own slabs soon..lets do Ill create them and you do your magic ..are you still allowed to use  we will talk my friend..I got just the thing for all our fans of the NRA and Bulletstone is coming soon 

Lenny E

Bullet Stone! I Likey!

I Likey alot!

Geez the sun is coming up here Gene. I spent all night staying up (with no chemical help) talking to you guys, Posting on AoSHg, and the gun boards. I even took OTC sleepy pills. Apparently they don’t work anymore. Even with a beer backer.

Guess who is going to be Mr grouchy pants at work 2 morrow? Actually that would be today now that I think about it. 

I’m really getting too old for this. 
    David Gerard

Glad to hear from you “Mr Shizzle”

nice work Gene!

david…my ultimate brother how da heck are you ???

so , a wonderful lady comes into my shop and wantsa very special painting inlaid into her Avonite Nougat top..I thought it was wacked but hey it was very special to her…then she wanted a border of pine cones and flowers inlaid around it…welp she loved it and just smiles everyday…

pine cones, flowers all kinds of fluffy stuff
    she was happy kind lady…sniffle, sniffle 🙂
    David Gerard

HA! that pic takes the cake! Now , I get the occasional hug from customers but never have I got pictures of it!
    Made me cry.
    Nice inlay brotha.
    I have some inlay projects coming up. I will need to get my beret cleaned….gonna be art happenin round here.
    All good.

Tom M

How the heck do you avoid the “lift” you can get oj the bottom from the fill shrinking as it cures? I avoid anything deeper than 1/8 of an inch or so.

You have come so far in so short a time, Gene. I am on my knees. There’s a pic of that somewhere on this forum, by the way.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Gene, how the hell do you have the balls to take a family heirloom and pour an inlay over it?

We need to rename you Felix.

I can’t believe you don’t get massive amounts of air bubbles. Great work.

One question, does your clear inlay ever turn yellow? We did some inlays over stainless steel rod and the clear turned yellow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.