Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Russ Lee
    Posted By Kevin Cole on 10/15/2008 10:44 AM
    Did Zary say he was terminated?

Kevin

Rather than let speculation continue, Zary tendered his resignation to ISSFA a couple of weeks ago. The separation between ISSFA and Zary was congenial and without rancor of any sort. Both sides, as I understand it, wish each other well.

Gordon Doull

I, for one, always appreciate your candor Russ.

Getting the straight story, even if it is “I can’t tell you” is very difficult sometimes. Your honesty and integrity are well received.

Thanks for your input. 

Zary South
    Posted By Russ Lee on 10/15/2008 2:58 PM

Posted By Kevin Cole on 10/15/2008 10:44 AM
    Did Zary say he was terminated?

Kevin

Rather than let speculation continue, Zary tendered his resignation to ISSFA a couple of weeks ago. The separation between ISSFA and Zary was congenial and without rancor of any sort. Both sides, as I understand it, wish each other well.

Thanks for fielding that tricky question for me, Russ.

Out of courtesy to Oxley and the association, I agreed simply to notify people that I was no longer serving in my position at ISSFA, and not to spread word as to the circumstances or details surrounding my leaving.  We felt it best to keep things “under wraps” until the BOD was made aware of my departure.

When non-BOD members were contacting me over the weekend regarding my separation from ISSFA, I felt it safe to reply to Norm’s thread and, in the process, let everyone know I was no longer ISSFA’s Membership Manager. 

And Russ is right – I do wish ISSFA well, and continue to take interest in their success for the future.  That’s why you haven’t seen any derogatory or denigrating statements from me regarding the association or its leaders.

Thanks to you all for your interest and continued support – I appreciate it!

Lenny E

Hi Mr South,

Welcome to fabnet. Youre smart and articulate. Im sure you will be an asset here. Dont worry, as stated before , its onward and upward for you!

Oh I left one guy out. The most important guy..Mike Duggan or Mikey Mike as I like to call him. He is studying law, and either is or almost is a lawyer. Mike would make a great lawyer, and I expect good things from him. F Lee Bailey and Race Horse Haines, watch your backs! We got a new sherriff in town and his name is lawyer Mike! . Has Mike passed the bar yet? I havent heard from him in a bit.

Joe,

Dude! We can always disagree and remain friends. One thing I forgot. Sometimes that show made a million in profit (during the glory years when I was there). MAybe you could go back to those Nasty ISSFA tax returns  and peek in there. Was that ever claimed?

Andy,

my feelings exactly!

Gordon,

Thanks for pointing out my error. I erroneously listed Samuel Simpson Day in a prior post. That erudite Gordon informed me it was actually Daniel Simpson Day. I was incorrect in misquoting the holy grail of American Cinema.Animal house. My apologies to all, please forgive me.

I cant believe I made that grievous error, since I haven’t had any snake wine in months. They just don’t have good snakes in the US. Only 4 species of snakes here. Copper heads, rattle snakes, and water moccasins. FYI hemotoxic snakes (venom attacks the blood) make crappy snake wine.

The best wine is made from neurotoxic snakes. We do have 1 neurotoxic snake indigenous to the US, the coral snake, which is only found in the everglades.  The wine actually attacks and distorts the toxins so they become a TONIC and are actually good for you! Maybe I need to come to the show in Orlando with a burlap bag and make a side trip.

Whos up for snake wine?

Lenny

Norm Walters

Lenny, between myself, Mike and Gene, I think we can come up with a bag of coral snakes, I gotta see this

Lenny E

Norm,

I was premature. Snake Wine has to age for 1-2 years before drinking, or it could prove fatal. How about this? I procure some great snake wine from Asian sources, already aged and bring it to the show. I will try to go for the best, past the mountain snakes ( Cobras)..And we can have a nightcap.

I will , however take you up on the offer of the coral snakes..I can dump them  in rice wine and 1-2 years later, me and the illiustrious Norm can have another drink.

Your the best Norm!

Thanks,

Lenny

Norm Walters

And all this time I have been trying to avoid coral snakes, how about a fruit snake?  They kinda look alike, what’s the saying, red meets yellow kills a fellow, red meets black, good for jack, although maybe not good for Lenny.

Lenny:

I’ll drink whatever you bring, right after you.

Joe

Gordon Doull
    Posted By Lenny E on 10/15/2008 9:08 PM

That erudite Gordon informed me it was actually Daniel Simpson Day. I was incorrect in misquoting the holy grail of American Cinema. Animal house. My apologies to all, please forgive me.

Lenny

I’m likely gonna be really offended once I find out what an erudite is…..

Tom M

It’s kind of like articulate, but for white folk.

Bill Wolle

I am not sure why, but I decided to look this up, and after reading the definition, I think there might have been alittle sarcasm involved, not sure, just maybe.

The word erudition came into Middle English from Latin. A scholar is erudite (Latin eruditus) when instruction and reading followed by digestion and contemplation have effaced all rudeness (“e- (ex-) + rudis”), that is to say smoothed away all raw, untrained incivility. Common usage has blurred the distinction from “learned”.

Erudition is the depth, polish and breadth that is applied to education from further readings and understanding of literary works. The Latin word educare means to “lead out” from ignorance; hence an educated person has come to think critically and logically. An erudite person has both deep and broad familiarity with a certain subject, often gained through study and extensive reading of the subject’s literature rather than formal scholarship.

For example, a jurist is learned, and knows the law intimately and thoroughly. A jurist who is also erudite may additionally know the history of the law in detail, as well as the laws of other cultures. Thus, an erudite jurist has both deep, specific knowledge of the law, and broad knowledge in the form of social and historical context of law.

Erudition is present in a literary work when its author incorporates general knowledge and insights spanning many different fields. When such universal scholars are also at the forefront of several fields, they are sometimes called “polyhistors”, or “polymaths” if they demonstrate great wisdom or intelligence in addition to great knowledge (see polymath for further discussion).

The famous Italian poet Giacomo Leopardi was erudite: he read and studied the classics on his own, and was deeply influenced by many philosophers. Other examples of erudite writers include the Roman Marcus Terentius Varro, the English essayist Sir Thomas Browne, and the French essayist Michel de Montaigne.

Jon Olson

Hello Bill All I got is  ?????????

I dont understand your post.

Jon…whatsa matta fo you????   never ask Bill to explain something you didnt first understand in da first place…you know the explanation is gonna be much more complex than the original statement….for all I know he just gave us the definiton to a Belt sander part

Bill is the belt sander exterminator…

Karl Crooks
    Posted By The SS Tech Guy on 10/16/2008 4:16 PM
    I am not sure why, but I decided to look this up, and after reading the definition, I think there might have been alittle sarcasm involved, not sure, just maybe.

I dont even know what he was looking up

Lenny E

erudite,

thats my fault, I directed the term at Gordon, and it was meant as a genuine compliment as he caught an error I had made in a post.

I like to read Gordons posts. Hes a great fabricator and has a great sense of humor too! Gordons one of many great people, who like Bill Wolle and others TNTC (too numerous to count), make this site required reading for anyone serious about the industry.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.