Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

I took an excell course in college but it awhile ago(4 years ago), but maybe it will come back to me. But I do have my handy dandy formula book so I guess I can try!

Might need more info from that creative thinking brain of yours on the idea you have for this. I have an idea of what you are looking for but I am looking for a starting point.

Tom M

I might try to create at least the shell of the spreadsaheet over the weekend and post it up.

No worries, mate.

Ok, Just let me know what you need me to do.

If I can help I will do whatever it takes. Never know when I will need the help.

Chris

One thing, being a computer guy, that I can tell you about Excel (and any other Microsoft program) is that the F1 key is your friend.

Tom M

First function I ever learned about.

Thought it was a great idea.

I don’t think I’ve used it in 10 years.

I always forget about that helpful key…I usually go digging in books or search the net for answers. I need to remember it is there. Might be quicker for the small stuff.

Fred Atwood

I have a very simple spreadsheet for figuring sq ft. I have it set up to enter length and width for each “section” of counter top. I then have a formula (length*width)/144. Then add up each section and that give the total for the job. I have a seperate section fro splashes, but it works the same way. I charge in 1/2 square foot increments, so I use the CEILING function to round up to the nearest .5.

I have one of these pages for each room and then pull that data onto another sheet for a quote page.

Anyone that wants a sample page for the sq ft calk. can email me at rwicorp_fred@yahoo.com and I will be happy to send one over.

By the way, I do charge by back wall or longest measurements for each section. Charging into and out of the corners helps to cover the extra labor costs associated with fabing corners.

Fred

Tom M

Robert,

My email keeps getting kicked back to me with delays and finally a message failure. It was to your Yahoo addy. I didn’t want you to think I was ignoring you.

Tom

Tom, You can use the Yahoo address as a back-up. I only used it because our company server was down. It is back up agian and it is easier to mail to that address. It is robert “at” tristatefabrication.com.

Tom M

Robert,

I think it was this one:

Robert,

I have Office 2003 and it opened fine.

It looks like it’s written about how I’d expect it to be. Depth = Width of top, you combined the two corners into one formula – that’s a space saver for sure, and then subtracted the results from the total. You stay in square inches till the end. Probably easier to check that way, as there is no conversion formula to have to deal with in reverse.

Incidentally, after I thought it out, I checked with a retired teacher who we happened to be doing a job for. He was the same guy who convinced me that spreadsheets were easier than databases years ago. It was his idea to explain it by using 1×5 and 1×10 on the legs. He explained that if you can do it quickly in your head, it will make more sense as you follow the formula. Good advice.

This is a nice thing, right here. Thanks for the help, guys.

Thanks also for the spreadsheet I’m going to completely rip off, Robert.

Tom

Tom, that is pretty good advise from that teacher. I actually think that will help me in the future when I write more formula’s.

I am glad you like the way it turned out, I could figure it out until you put it in simple words in a prevous post, all I did was put in the formula based off your post and it worked.

Tom you have anymore ideas like this just pass them on and I will get to work trying to help figure them out, I enjoy figuring things out…even though I get mind block on most I suceed sometimes. I am still playing around with the drawing idea with excel

Tom M

Thanks, Robert.

Will do.

Robert, Thanks so much for your spread sheet. Man did you make me feel stupid. After seeing your spread sheet it seemed so basic but I struggled with it for many hours. Just a few mods and it will work great for me.

Thanks so much for your help.

Travis-

I am glad I was able to help you out. Any ideas to change anything and need help just drop me a line and I will try to change or add to fit everyones needs.

Robert

Gary Barrett

tristatefab wrote

Travis-

I am glad I was able to help you out. Any ideas to change anything and need help just drop me a line and I will try to change or add to fit everyones needs.

Robert

Could you send me a copy to look at as well?

kevin@kdnoel.com

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.