Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Shane Barker
    My go to guy is Todd Hughes at Charles McMurray, I can check with him if you want.

Shane

Shane Barker
    Andy,
    I checked with Todd and he said he would be happy to help out. His email is toddh@charlesmcmurray.com

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I’ll send the file right away. Thanks Shane

Shane Barker
    How’s it going Andy, did you get any more back?

Shane

David Ddzida

It’s working. Such is the power of the internet and a handfull of people. Let’s all remember this when the task seems bigger than we think possible. Break it down in small chunks, spread the work around, collaborate and pass it off to some one else.

There have been many good ideas posted lately. What if someone went through and made a list to be prioritized. Then chop it up one idea at a time and get people lined up to start the process. Build cells of six to twelve guys responsible for each idea. Let them publish a plan, give it a week for response or advice and turn them loose.

Guys, most of us have one or two stars in our shop, who turn out more work than the others. Here we have the brains of many shops, intelligent, agressive, inovative, experienced and ambitious. We have many stars. Let those who can’t write well do reasearch, or post the results on other forums.

In all, we must agree that the goals are more important than ourselves, no ego, past conflicts or polictics should interfere. Create win win situations for all.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have the information back from Formica, Dovae and one other, can’t remeber. Staron will have theirs done tomorrow, Avonite has sent the chart to their tech department and HiMacs is getting theirs checked by the warranty department. I am talking with James at Affinity tomorrow also.

I sent the chart in an email to Corian, and Wilsonart. Mory was going to talk with someone at Wilsonart and I have not heard anything from Corian although I did send the chart to Ken Ferber the west coast warranty rep.

Whatever I can’t get done I will complete myself, but it looks good. Once I get this complete, we can look at companies like Swanstone, Hanwa and any other we can fit on the chart.

Tom M
    Andy,
    I bet if he was asked, Tony Bassillio could handle DuPont’s part in this.

Tom

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks to all the people involved.

We still need the following:

• Wilsonart (I think Mory sent the file)
    • Affinity – James is filling it out and will have it completed soon
    • Mystera
    • Meganite – Anyone have a contact for them?
    • LG HI-MACS – Anyone know the warranty department?
    • Avonite – File has been sent to warranty department by Wayne
    • Coian – The file has been sent but no response yet.

Finished:

• Staron
    • Dovae
    • Formica
    Shane Barker
    Andy,
    If you sent one to Todd I can call him Monday and find out if he is done with it yet. Also if you need another Corian contact I can get the email for one. I will also check with my Hi Macs rep and find out who we could send one to for them.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The new file is in “Forms, File and Docs”. If you could just send it to whomever you think can fill it out. That would be great.

Thanks

Shane Barker
    I sent one off to a Hi Macs guy today, Floyd Padilla. Let me know if we get it back.

Shane

Shane, I have the contact in Florida for Hi-Macs. Let me know what I need to do. She was in my office last week. Very knowledgable…very.

Shane Barker
    Any news Andy, have we received any more back?

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yes. I talked with Floyd Padilla yesterday and he will send the HI-MACS fab/install manual ASAP. Talked with Ken Ferber at Corian and he is going to take time during his vacation to complete the Corian section. Mory is working with Wilsonart to get their section done and the others are finished. The chart looks good all filled in. I think it is in “Forms, Files and Docs” if you want to see it.

Talked with Kevin as SFD magazine and he is putting in a little note to visit the FabNet. That will be in the January issue so the project must be finished by January 15. I will have it in a printable PDF format by then and I will try to have them printed for the show.

Tom M
    Andy,
    I might be able to help with the .pdf formatting, if you need some.

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.