Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    cpr@pgc

We need someone that is an experienced Corian fabricator to look over the corain rules on the spreadsheet. Also, there are seveal other brands that need filling in on the spreadsheet. Here is the link

Please put your screen name at the top of the column so we can know who contributed what. Make sure the info comes directly out of the manual or updates so as not to proliferate bad information. Please do not change any existing info on the spreadsheet, if any changes needed, post them here, allow discussion and the changes will be added.

You have to be on the collaboraters list to post directly to the spreadsheet. Send me an email and I’ll put you on the list if you want to help with the prodject.

At this time, we are just gathering info, later we will hash out any changes we think would better suit a universal minimum fabricator standards.

Thanks, Al.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Everyone,

Al put together a Warranty Chart. I have reformatted the chart, added Affinity solid surfaces and put them in alphabetical order. Click Here and download the file from “Files, Forms and Docs”

I would like to send the file to a warranty rep for each of the manufacturers, If you could either send me an email of the warranty rep or if you could forward the file so they can fill it out, I think it would be the most accurate chart we could come up with.

Thanks Al, Shane and Chris for you help.

Shane Barker
    Great idea Andy, I feel the same way. I know Fred at Butler Johnson Corp. would be a great guy for the Corian. I can try to get his email if you want.

Shane

Seth Emery

Great job to everyone involved. That’s really cool to see the warranty items for different brands all in one place. I am wondering about the “Use manufactures glue only?”. I have seen a few of you mention that you are using Integra adhesive. Does this completely void the warranty on any Avonite or Corian top that you use Integra adhesive for, or only for areas where you have used the adhesive?

Have a nice day,
    Seth

Jon Olson

WOW nice job Al. Andy Are you going to have a section for this?

mike goeller

Andy, what do I use to open the file with? I saved it and opened it and it was just gibberish. Thanks for taking this prodject over and getting it completed. Gotta ask, did someone reveiw the corian stuff? My manual is an older one.

Seth Emery

Al,

If you have Microsoft Excel, you can use that to open the file. If not, there is a free spreadsheet program at http://www.openoffice.org/ called Calc that is similar to Excel. It will open and write .xls files with a few discrepancies.

Have a good one,
    Seth

Chris77

Thanks, Seth. I am downloading it as we speak.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Jon,

This will be available online. FREE (member benefit)

Al,

I am going to send this file to the manufacturer so they can fill out their section. Then we know it is right. I will put it together, and post it here online so it will be easy to download a print. Then just stick it on the wall in your shop and you will be ready to go.

jephco

Perfect, Andy.

Seth, I downloaded that program, worked like a charm, many thanks. You are the go to guy for computer related stuff!

Duane Burke

Andy, I just realized how clever you are sending what we have so far to the manufacture reps for approval. They will have to consider every standard they have that is different or more costly to impliment or take the risk of it being used against their brand in marketing. For example, when a customer comes in looking for Corian, I can pull out a book and show the customer that corian makes fabricators do things different on cooktop cutouts, giving me a chance to say that corian must be more prone to failure on cooktops or they wouldn’t be so different. I have never failed to switch a customer from corian to another product we sell.

How about when it is finished, sending it back, in it’s entireity so the reps get a look at how they stand up to other products? One more chance to get them to fall in line with uniform standards.

Great thinking, Andy.

Seth Emery

Glad that worked for you Al. Thanks for the compliment. Even if you aren’t a nerd, it pays to know one sometimes.

Seth

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The following is the email I sent to the manufacturers to have them fill out their warranty information for the warranty chart:

Hello,

At The Fabricator Network, we are working on a chart for the fabricator to hang on their wall in the shop. It will have all the warranty requirements listed by manufacturer. I have attached the excel chart and I would be very grateful if you could fill in the column for your product. Some of the members have started the process and I felt that it would be a more precise chart if the manufacturers filled in their own information.

If you are not interested, please let me know so we can fill in your column on our own. When the chart is complete, it will be offered for free to any Fabricator Network member. This is not meant to replace the fabrication manuals, rather to supplement it. If you are not the right person this email should go to, please forward it to the appropriate person. After you are finished, please email the file back to andy@thefabricatornetwork.com .

Thanks for your help on this project and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to give me a call

Andy Graves

“The Fabricator Network”
    4247 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    email: andy@thefabricatornetwork.com
    http://www.thefabricatornetwork.com

Shane Barker
    Good Job Andy

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

OK so far this morning I have received the completed checklist from Matt at Formica and Jonny Crain with Dovae.

Thanks for the quick response.

Anyone know a warranty rep at Wilsonart? I need an email.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.