Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Mory,

I think I am going to have my shop do one in 3CM material. Should weight around 500LBS.

Tom M

We use an AXYZ/Fab Choice 7012. We have had it for several years, now. It was one of the toughest business choices I have ever made (both with spending that kind of money, and the choice of mfgrs.). I don’t see how I could do what I do without it now.

I was amazed at the jobs that opened up for us because of the machine. Including a (I kid you not) $904,000.00 job that we did in about three-quarters of the time we thought it would take. I agree that the toolpath software is not the greatest, bvut it is easy enough.

Shane Barker

We have a Komo Mach 1 VR 512, and up until recently it ran flawlessly. But then our spindle started to act up and the fun started. I should be receiving my repaired spindle tomorrow and have it up and running on Friday. The machine is really awesome but I think they could have used a better spindle, or maybe I am just one of the lucky ones!

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Shane,

Let me guess, they said, “you are the only one that ever had that problem.” [EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Shane Barker

[EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO] Your a funny guy Andy…But ya know I think they did tell me that.

Shane

Matt Kraft

Tom M wrote

We use an AXYZ/Fab Choice 7012. We have had it for several years, now. It was one of the toughest business choices I have ever made (both with spending that kind of money, and the choice of mfgrs.). I don’t see how I could do what I do without it now.

I was amazed at the jobs that opened up for us because of the machine. Including a (I kid you not) $904,000.00 job that we did in about three-quarters of the time we thought it would take. I agree that the toolpath software is not the greatest, bvut it is easy enough.

Alright, I gotta ask what the heck a $904K project entailed…… And what kind of margins were in it??

Shane Barker

Update on my CNC,

The spindle came in today and I stayed late to get the biggest part of it put back together, only about an hour left in the morning. Then it is all about cutting parts! Takes a little longer putting the spindle back on compared to removal. You need to make sure it is dialed in and adjusted just right. So far the spindle looks like it is working like it should. I will find out in the morning.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good luck and keep us posted. Kinda scary doing work on an expensive m[EMO]roar.gif[/EMO]achine.

Shane Barker

You got that right Andy,

I was a little apprehensive at first but I have worked on a lot of big machinery in one of my past lives and I felt pretty confident to take it on. I have it down pretty good now after removing and installing this thing twice, and hopefully for the last time. I did have a scare when I first actuated the draw bar to see if the sensors were working properly. The one that I was having problems with was not working at all; if I had a gun I would have killed something. But instead I traced the problem to a pin connector at the top of the spindle that had been bumped in shipping to cause one of the pins to be pushed in just enough to not connect, it was just so weird that out of the fifteen or so pins it would be the one that went to the sensor I had so much trouble with before. Anyway all is good, everything works, and I have run several dry runs with no problems. I can’t think of a better sound than the spindle running on my Komo.

Shane

Seth Emery

Shane,

Glad to hear that your KOMO is back up and running. I know it is pretty stressful when ours is down.

Have a nice day,

Seth

Shane Barker

Thanks Seth,

It is a relief to have it going again, I am still a little paranoid when the spindle starts up. But it sure looks like it is finally fixed.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Shane,

I would like to schedule an appointment to have you come and check over our machine. Give me a call at your earliest conveniece. I had no idea you did FREE CNC maintenance.

Thank You

Shane Barker

No problem Andy,

Looks like I have an opening tomorrow if you would like me to drive down in the morning. Oh…and don’t worry about the fuel cost, I’ll take care of that also, you are only about nine hours away and my F250 gets pretty good mileage.[EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Shane

Shane Barker

So whats the story,

I had been told that Fabricators Choice had something to do with the PaperStone product so I went to their web site and saw that they are selling the FlexiCam CNC ? What happened to the AXYZ? I feel like I am always the last to know![EMO]crying.gif[/EMO]

Shane

Mory Ludwick

Shane,

Last year at the show, they had a new machine on display. That was their new line. They are no longer tied up with AXYZ, but Tom Harms and his company Fabricators Choice are taking care of all of the machines they sold. When we heard about this we were very concerned and Tom said not to worry, they said they would still take care of all of theirs out there. That’s all I know.

Mory

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.