Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

I am curious, for those fabricators with CNC,

What brand of CNC are you using and why
    Also, what software are you using with your machine, and the pros and cons of the software.

-Dennis
    Spectrum Surfaces

I’m using an Anderson Exxact series with Mastercam/Autocad software.

Mory Ludwick

Dennis,

Welcome to the Fabricator Network. We have an AXYZ CNC which we purchased through Fabricator’s Choice. The guys at Fabricator’s Choice can help you in the fabrication pocess from start to finish when it comes to equipment. We use them when we first started our business and we continue to do business with them. Anyway back to the CNC. Fabricator’s Choice developed the 7012 for solid surface fabricators. Since then I believe they have developed a new piece of equipment that I have seen in operation. I will post the link at the bottom of this post. Give them a call. You can check out in the Photo Gallery under shop photos different CNC and shop set-ups. Of course, ours is there. http://www.fabchoice.com/

Mory

We have two CNC’s

One for Solid Surface And One For Stone,

Both are Northwoods[EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO], AlphaCam

We have two CNC’s

One for Solid Surface And One For Stone,

Both are Northwoods[EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO], AlphaCam

KCWOOD

MUrban,

Welcome to the Fabricators forum! We hope you find this a great place to share information, and also to use as a great resource. Please take a look at the CAD file section, please feel free to download any files, or share with others any information you might think would be an asset to others. Please check back often, this is a new site with info added often!

Again, welcome!

Kelsey Crisp

Kentucky

We are using a Northwood for both solid surface and another for cabinet doors. We use alphacam/ autocad for all the solids surface work. Alphacam is a nice program it is a tool path program as well as a CAD program in one. For the real complicated parts we design in autocad then bring it in alphacam.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Welcome,

I have a Multicam MG205. I really like it.

No matter what CNC you buy, make sure you talk to companies in your area that own them. Ask them how is the customer service AFTER you pay. That is the difference between a good and great CNC.

Andy mentioned the most important part. A lot of the machines will give you similar performance and there are several programs that are similar, just depending on what you are comfortable with. Customer Service is the key. Will they be able to help you with programming, machine opperation, and for how long. Ours is always a quick phone call away.

Matt Kraft

We have an AXYZ from Fab Choice. They are still available direct from AXYZ, Fab Choice offers something different now.

AutoCAD LT 2002 and Toolpath CAM software from AXYZ.

Matt

Matt,

I also have an AXYZ. We have a 5012 that we bought about 3 months ago.
    I am also using AutoCAD2007 and the Toolpath software.

Do you find the toolpath software too limited? There are several features that I am really unhappy with, and was wondering if you had problems or not.

Also have you used your AXYZ for any true 3D carving?

Mory,

I noticed on an old site I found that you have a T-rex CAD file.
    I was wondering if it would be possible to get that from you.

-Dennis
    dennis.spectrumsurfaces@comcast.net

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have the file and will post it on the site. If you don’t get an email from me by tomorrow, just remind me with and email to olivemill@hotmail.com

Thanks Andy

Mory Ludwick

Dennis,

I will have Andy put them on the site Tomorrow. I also have three others that I will send to him.

Mory

(A Day Late and A Dollar Short)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.