Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Norm,
    That sounds like a recipe my wife and daughter could love. Me? the hot stuff gets a bit much.

I’ll show it to her anyway. Thanks.

Norm Walters

Tom, it’s not hot, use just a sliver of jalepeno, the cheese counteracts the pepper anyway, try half without the pepper and half with.

Tom M

Any advice on the lobster tails?

Norm Walters

Boil or broil, If you broil they will retain more flavor.

Harvey Oga

Ok Tom, here we go.

Take a pair of scissors and cut length wise starting at the exposed meat part of the tail. Cut down to the fan part of the tail. Do not cut in half. Gentley bend back the cut shell on both soded and remove the lobster meat. Place on top of the shell. Coat with butter and broil on low, periodically adding a little more butter.

Don’t know the size of the tails but it should be no time before they’re ready. Like 10-15 minutes. The pic below shows the cut without removing the meat to broil. You can do it either way.

David Gerard

Thanks Andy, It actualy wasn’t too cold that day, maybe 25 dgrs. The ice comes from the head of the bay’s rivers so it being freah water it freezes and floats, on the gigantic tides it chokes up in the harbor.

I templated all the tops and fabbed them in the shop. The fronts I also re-habbed in the shop. I april I going to do the skipper’s state room and hope to work on deck wich is huge. We have lots of portable tool set ups and the days are much warmer and longer then. Sounds like all the portholes will be re done too…..in solid surface.

I also have some before and after pics somwhere of the states fish and game research boat “Pandallus” I will try and post. That was a more extensive project. Completly re designed the bridge from a work boat to a research vessel. Nowadays all the electronics are much smaller and run through computers so that means lots more room at the steering station.

More room in a wheel house means more bodies on the bridge… skipper hates it!

Great catch David! Nice job.
    Johnny C

David Gerard

It just gets better. Last year I sold my home to a wonderful couple, the husband part owns and operates a classic wooden fishing boat. The boat participates in several fisheries. While he was on x-mas holiday his house sitter called an asked me to look at a problem with the boiler. ” It was no big deal” I said , he asked ” how about some scallops then?????” AAAAh ya! You know those marshmellow thingys? well these were bigger.

What’s a boiler???

Is that where you drop a shot in a beer?

Dave,

If you lived somewhere other than Florida you would know what a boiler is. Tune in to This Old House and on many episodes, Richard Trethewy will be replacing one.

David G.

Fat marshmello size scallops!!! Sweet!

Johnny C

David Gerard

Johnny, to be honest, they started out bigger but after they were seared and lightly braised in reduced white wine and garlic they were more the size of a staypuff. You could unhinge your jaw to eat them but we are trying to break Mady of such a habit so she cuts them in 1/4s. The kid does like seafood though!

David Gerard
    Posted By FEDSAWDAVE on 01/17/2008 3:31 PM

In grade school, a nun made me sit on a super hard wooden bench for like 5 hours and I believe when I got up, I had a boiler on my

Did the school nurse (Father Ben Dover) take a look at it?

David Gerard

I should have a sign that says “WILL WORK FOR FISH” I recieved 2 big red salmon fillets today for sharing my shop with a customer helping out with his tops my partner is doing. Fish! a most excellent form of currency and gratuity!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.