Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard

Dave , are you playing all your fav chrismas music yet?

David Gerard

Boat + crab = Good to be me! Gratuity from a happy skipper

25#s of KING CRAB

Still can’t figure out a link to flickr……. Gene?

Jon Olson
    Can I come for Dinner?

David Gerard

I met Jeff & fam. of Moe-Mac this afternoon. Real nice family, Jeff, Terry ,Molly,Kenzie His poor girls had to endure acouple hours of shop talk. We shared beer so that makes it official ,the first ” winter solstice northern most fabnetters saftey meeting’ (Jeff’s idea) Hopefully we also have the summer solstice event too, this will include fishing and art galleries along with beer. They too will be eating king crab tonight , along with 2 others that crossed my path today.

David Gerard
    Norm Walters

David, I was able to copy and paste to make it work. Just press Enter or Shift when you type in a web address and it will highlight it and make it a clickable link.

David Gerard
    David Gerard

Thanks Norm, I had to under line to get it to work …I think…anyway it works! Love the edit feature Andy!

Jon Olson
    Hey Dave nice job on the Flickr site. Keep up the good work!

Dave, we boiled up 10lbs. of King crab last night. These suckers were 1 lb. per leg. Making a crab bisque today with some leftovers…

Oh yeah and had to do Norm’s recipe for cuban pork today. Think Norm said he did a 25 pounder. About 12 1/2 lbs on this one.

Head of lettuce and cucumber diet starts in the morning.

David Gerard

Dave, we cooked up 12 or so #s too. We had the neighbors over with thier family guest from W. Virginia. They thought they died and went to heaven! I still have 10 #s left for the next occasion. Where did you purchase your crab from. Try Coal Point packers out of Homer some time if the prices are better. The product goes from the boat to Coal PT to your house. I hear ya on the lettuce diet!!!!

Tom M

Okay, one of my employees got me two large frozen lobster tails and four huge frozen shrimp. I need a good recipe, if anyone has them. I mean anything including how to just cook the dang things without ruining them.

Norm Walters

Tom, a killer recipe for the shrimp is one that Red Lobster used to have for an appetizer, they don’t anymore, not sure why.

Anyway, butterfly the shrimp, insert a sliver of jalopeno pepper, and some shredded monterrey jack cheese. Cook some bacon half way through and wrap a piece of bacon around the stuffed shrimp, hold it together with toothpick.

Season the shrimp with citrus pepper, thread them on skewers and grill until the shrimp is done, don’t overcook.

I’ve made these at parties before and those that arrived late didn’t get to experience the treat, gone………..

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Looks mighty cold up there. Nice work on the boat. Did you fabricate on site or back at the shop?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.