Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Glueman,

Does that not do the same as gluing a pc of solid surface over the flange in regards to not being able to remove it? If the sink needs to be replaced how do you get it loose? While you normally do not have to replace a stainless steel sink it does happen.

John

Glueman,

Can I get a sample of thr Sinkbonder too………Will it work on Granite with a S/S undermount sink?

Thx

Carter Plastics

750 W-Laskey Rd.

Toledo, Ohio 43612

Tony

MUrban, if you’re planing on only using an adhesive to attach that undermount to stone, you will be asking for trouble in my opinion. Feel free to call me at 1-866-FED-SAW1 (333-7291) and I’ll send you samples of bowl clips that A) work & B) are a no brainer.

Dave

No Dave not planing on doing that………LOL……..I would have to put it to the shop test…Before ever installing a job without clips………We use sink clip now for S/S..Brackets for Cast Iron

You would not believe the people that do it that way. arrggghhh

What clips are you currently using?

we get them from integra or grand quartz

Ok, what are they? What do they look like? The only reason I ask is that we have several types.

look like your fedclips 2 for sink and your fedclip1 adjustable for dishwashers

Matt Kraft
    My guys are taught that silicone is a sealant.

Not a fastener.

Not a filler.

We use surface bond drillless fastener from a company called Chemical Concepts. http://www.chemical-concepts.com They also sell a two part expoxy that you could pull tree stumps out with to mount. More expensive, but saves a ton of time vs drilling and mounting brass grommets. We have had issues with grommets coming out from time to time also.

Brent McCoy

Gotcha MUrban and Matt, the epoxy is made by a company called Devcon. Real tough stuff.

Tom M
    Same as Matt here.
    We use a different one from Chem. Concepts for the dishwasher. Matt, we are currently using a 3-M epoxy. You really like Chem Concept’s glue?

Also used the vance for cast-iron or porcelin sinks. Works really well, in my opinion.

Tom

Gordon

Tom, 3M epoxy? You have to much money my friend. I’m putting a tube of Devcon on UPS for you today. Give it a try.

Tom M
    Much thanks, Dave. You consider this the same quality?

Tom

Don

Tom, I have not used 3M’s epoxy. I just know that it’s pricey. FEDSAWWES did his own demo on this. He took Clip2 which is the round drill less fastener, attached it to a piece of Solid Surface with Devcon epoxy, then tied a 5 gallon bucket of water to the 3/4″ threaded leg and it held. While not a totally scientific way of proving the strength of the epoxy, it never the less held.

neil kelley

Travis, Sorry About That. Samples are in Route. Glueman (neil@adhesivetech.com)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.