Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

My wife’s great uncle… we called him Uncle sap… anytime he talked about going onto Omaha Beach and into France on D-Day he would tear up and stop talking and would have to walk away.

We never knew what he went through, we always knew he was a special soldier. It was only after his death we learned from a couple of his buddies that went ashore with him, how he saved their lives and heard the stories he couldn’t talk about.  All I can still say is ….wow….

Lenny E

Hi Kelsey,

That was inspiring. I never had the honor to defend our country. There are those on this forum who will remain nameless, that dis our country. My Dad is a WWII vet. Danced thru france and Germany. He only talks about it under the influence of tons of alcohol. They got pinned down in the black forest. Had to stack up dead comrades as firewalls to stop the bullets. They were low on food. They sent out a guy to shoot a deer.  He got shot and crawled back. My Dad went out and killed a deer. Finally, when the relief (army, red cross etc.) arrived those guys  were eating roasted venison.

I had uncles in Nam, and have some cousins and nephews in the middle east. My uncles taught me to shoot , track and hunt.

To all soldiers who gave their lives to keep us free, or served in any fashion, I offer  my undying thanks. Thank you! You guys rock, and its a debt I can never repay.

To those who died defending our nation, I offer my undying thanks, respect and prayers. God Bless you all!

Please remember Memorial day!

KCWOOD

here is a clip from Rolling Thunder 2010..  awesome…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfn…re=related

Linda Graves

Time to pick up this thread again.
    Thanks to all who have served. 

I hope everyone takes a moment to remember the price paid for our freedom.
    Have a great weekend.

Lenny E

Linda, well said.

I just got off the horn with my Dad (WWII vet, see post above yours) wishing him well and thanking him for his service/sacrifice. 

Truly the greatest generation EVAH!

There are not too many of those guys left.

Many people on this board have served, or have family members that have.

Thank you and/or your family members for putting themselves in harms way to preserve our Freedom.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.