Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

F Troop, huh? I want the Larry Storch role.

Gene, are those rounds live? Might that cause a problem if there is a house fire?

Of course, if it is in a rappers house, the fire department will be aware of the ammo danger anyways…

Lenny E

Cubic Zirconia’s .or as I like to call them……”Ho Diamonds!”

As my buddy Chico used to say…”when the Ho finds out they are Ho diamonds.. that’s put more homey’s into the ground than bullets.”

Never under estimate the fury of a Ho scorned.

..the bullets are primed..had all the stuff taken out tom..already thought of that…especially polishing the edge with the grinder..that would be messed up..I survive the streets of Elizabeth, new jersey and get shot by one of my countertops..hahaha

I got magnum bullets, 357 and 9..and the 22 cal..all ready to go..cost buck to have the dude make me bullets without the powder and pins…but I also do shells too
             Lenny..those ho diamonds still cost qwuite a bit..I had one ghetto rapper have me reduce him to rhinestones from an old Dolly parton hat…I tellya..If I set up a camera in my shop as to the different types of customers…it would be a hilarious show…rappers rockers..football players and tons of metro sexuals…
                       and I have Slayerm metallica and Dropkick Murphys blasting thru my shop..
    I know Lenny you arent into You tube..but this video is funny with Limo Bob..I also show a clip of how I put bullets and Luis Vutton locks on his limo..hahahaha
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Nice, how do you get all the air bubbles out of the material? Is it a trade secret?

hmmm yes itza trade secret my brother..cook it slow and use a pin cleaned in alcohol to actually poke the bubble..dont listen to MFG directions on how to use that inlay filler stuff…it all depends on the weather…in any case the bubbles should rise to the top of your dam bead so they would get sanded out as long as your bubble high

but if you try to save on ‘NOT WANTING TO SAND” well then…you may have a bubble issue…also go as deep as possible and scratch the sides of the inlay just like its a seam..because technically it is a seam…poly acrylic, paperstone whatever..ur seamin two properties mechanically…
    making the giant inlays I now do…which is basically now a slab…that took much outta my butt in aggravation…if you seen that dance movie that just came out Step Up Revolution you can see the kids dancing on my table tops 4 feet x 10 feet with only perimeter support…they did not smash..I was biting my fingernails though on set
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Post a picture of the Step Up Revolution top.

here they go..Step Up Revolution with Blue glass I smashed to get them the color they needed with some mirrors, the challenge was I ran outta glass to get full coverage…you can see i filled it with those glass beads to…they loved how it varied…I looked at it as a mistake…on the screen they do the job..but look not as sparkly..guess it was a movie about dancers not my dance topsthey didnt care..just that it holds up the dancers

Tom M

“…also go as deep as possible and scratch the sides of the inlay just like its a seam..”

Interesting, because I always worried that the inlay shrinkage would lift from the bottom as much as from the top, so the deeper the pour, the more the bottom lift.

most inlays pop or lift out because they aren’t deep enough…the only reason I like it deep so it has more surface on the sides to stick to to hold it in especially after sanding…its like gluing a seam with 1/8 inch material..thenya sand it down and not much holding it locked …the bottom is just a holder..even better to cut it thru and clamp to melamine…then ya would have a 1/2 inch of filler holding that inlay down and can now backlit it

this is a cool candy one i did for a high bar

Lenny E

Gene,

What you have you have done if the dancers crashed thru the table and sliced their throats on the sharp razor like edge, with blood spewing everywhere? (not a big chance of that, but a .00001% possibility).

I for one would have looked all around AND STARTED easing toward the door, and calling up for plane tickets to a country with no extradition, and wire transfer of funds to same.

I bow to you, you don’t have a scrotum..you have Brunswick Bowling Balls!

Lenny E

Oh That table you made, with dancers pounding and clogging all around on top of it is a testament to:

1.) The toughness and performance of Solid Surface.

2.) Your excellent skills as a fabricator.

Gene, you rule!

Thanx for the cool words Lenny…but the producers didnt really explain the type of dancing to me. Back in my shop we were standing on the top and i would just click my fingers and sway from side to side…I simply said alrighty then..they are ready for dancing

Then I deliver them to the set which was pretty cool..but i saw the dancers doing what i call crazy ass gymnastics on the mock up plywood tables…throwing chairs on 5 kids jumping on them at once…I was freakin out and told the guys to keep the truck running…they paid me wonderfully so I was counting on no refunds and turning the dance movie into a horror movie after the tops shattered..but they worked…i
                  they seemed to look not as sparkly in the film.but they loved them.the bawls of steel must be shown to get ahead…or fizzle in business
    ya know what they say” you can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first”
    Tom M

You have an interesting clientele, Greenie.

Tom..I am just sharing a fraction of the wild clients…I just sometimes bust out laughing at the requests

This customer wanted a fish coming out of his countertop..I like this design…he put all kinds of stuff in the top table added to the vetrazzo island…then we did doors to hide all his appliances to look like a fishtank..at least he doesnt hafta feed da fishes
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.