Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

Before you could give a discount for cash, but not charge more for using a credit card. All that has changed.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/01…ts-sunday/

Tom M

Who will do that?
    Just curious.

Len Smith

Oddly funny….now that EVERYONE uses cards for EVERYTHING, and now that the banks have us trained not to go inside the bank (I once banked at an institution that charged a service fee if you used real life tellers more than 4 times per month), they want to charge us for the things that make their business more convenient. It’s not my problem that they choose to outsource credit card processing and pay for it rather than doing it in-house.

Ya gotta love fees.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Looks like California is exempt from this practice.

Norm Walters

Guess I didn’t read my resource well enough, Florida is exempt too.

David Gerard

I have a special discount for cash…and a special receipt book. shhhhhhh! my wife knows nothing of this.

Tom M

Hehheh.

Norm,
    In Fl you can charge a convenience fee.

Wags

Thanks to our government putting laws in place to “help” the middle class, stores can now charge a fee to use credit cards. I doubt any will, at least not right away, but, it will happen. Already the government labels those that use cash, as possible terrorists. All laws can, on the surface look good, but when you really look into them, they are not helpful to the people.

Wi Fi on your credit card is to make it easier…but, your information can be stolen by someone just walking by with the right equipment .

Norm Walters

Wags, why should I, as a merchant, have to pay transaction fees so people can collect points, miles, and the like, seriously???

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We use cash to pay for all daily expenses. The only time I pay through the bank is when I pay for mortgage or utilities.

I’m tired of having my purchases tracked. Although I am probably just kidding myself.

Andy,
    Check your apps on your smart phone. You’ll be amazed at who is tracking you and what they are tracking.

Linda Graves

Do I understand this correctly?  Merchants in CA cannot charge the fee?
    If you want to pay property tax, state tax or any other gov’t fee with a credit card in this state THEY have always been allowed to openly charge a fee.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Mike Gladstone on 30 Jan 2013 05:32 PM

Andy,
    Check your apps on your smart phone. You’ll be amazed at who is tracking you and what they are tracking.

Funny you mentioned this. I was going to download a compass app and they wanted to have full access to my contacts and call history.

They can bite me. I didn’t download that one. I typically check, but would be willing to bet they could track more than they say.

Alot of the ones I deleted tracked almost everything you di on your phone. Flashlight app was the worst and Angry Birds made me so ANGRY I deleted them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.