Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson
    Joy Cosgrove

YANKEES TEAM WORTH…1 BILLION DOLLARS

YANKE TEAM PAYROLL…200 MILLION

A-ROD PAYCHECK…$25 MILLION

YANKEES TANKING IN THE 1ST ROUND…PRICELESS !!

Parts of the above post borrowed from The Jim Rome show without permission.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FEDSAWDAVE wrote
    Well, you have character now don’t you Andy???? Not the point. He’s “earned” nothing. His “stats”? LOL Look at the last 2 playoff stats and get back to me! I don’t care if he was 50 for 50 with 50 homeruns with the bases loaed. No person on the face of the earth is worth that! PERIOD!

Dave,

His last two years stats have nothing to do with the money he earned. He signed that long term contract years ago with the Rangers. He “earned” the money by being on of only a few players to put up the numbers he does and to never play in the minor league. He went straight to the big leagues and has produced.

Worth what $25 million? CEOs and Executives make that kind of money all the time. They just arn’t in the newspaper as much. Oh and they said the same thing about Magic Johnson when he was signed for $500,000 a year in 1979.

Chris Yaughn

In the end , what is a anything “WORTH”? It is only worth what someone is/was willing to pay for it.

I agree with the entire “worth” thing. It is completely out of contro lwith no end in sight. Years ago, before my time anyway, you could take your entire family for a day at the ball park, game, food, etc with out having to take out a small loan. Now sports are really just corporate, not just sponsorship but they are the ones that can afford the tickets.

John

STEVE

Well Andy, you can think they’re “worth” it all you want. It is afterall, America. I simply choose to not be part of this thing in America known as idol worship. Ones heros come from all segments of life but if one chooses some overpaid, over-juices neandrathal who has a “contract” which oh by the way, pays him even thow he blows, so be it. As Mr. T once said: “I pity the fool”.

Here is a solution to the problem presented by a morning radio show I listen to: Only the players on the winning team get payed! He says this about the NBA but I think it would work with all pro sports. Maybe the players would actually give their best or play when they break a finger nail or have a bad hair day. Go ahead Dave and tell me the Yankees did not make any money in the post season.

Bstann

Dont know if they did or not John and there is a big reason why the solution presented won’t work…ever.

PLAYERS UNION.

I know it wont work with the systems that are in place now, and unless they start from scratch there is going to be no fixing the problem. Pretty soon there will be athletes making $1 million per game, oh wait that has already happened. Roger Clemens. Why do professional athletes need unions any way? Just in case their free shoes do not fit good enough? I guess playing a game and getting paid way too much is not enough. Dont get me wrong though I still love the Yankees.

John

They needed a union because back in the day the owners REALLY hosed them as it relates to pay etc…Now, thay both get paid and hose the only thing left…fans & by holding cities hostage for free stadiums. What a world…

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

A hard salery cap is the only way to make all the teams competitive. Look at football and you will see a sport that does it right. NBA and NHL are on the right track. MLB is just a bunch of knuckleheads.

Nobody should make 25 million a year and with a salary cap, nobody would.

I must admit that when Jordan made 33 million that last year with the Bulls, he was worth it to the team and fans.

Gordon Shell

This whole thread was started on the subject Yankees Lose! Soon we should have one starting with Athletics Lose! The Tigers are killing them all on a Detroit budget. Just had to put in my 2 cents.

Thanks

Detroit is doing it mostly on pitching. Young staff of flame throwers that will be getting a ton of money over the next couple of years, Yankee type money. After this year they wont be in playoffs anytime soon. But it is nice to see the worst team from last season kicking everyones butt, except the Yanks.

John

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.