Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Shane Kangas

It is…A BEAUTIFUL DAY ! The 200 million dollar experiment has failed once again. You see George, most of America is pulling for the underdog. The team that does not try to cheat and buy their way to a world series. While you probably overpaid to get your way in most things in life, this, did not work once again. Not only did you lose, your team was SMOKED! So, what soon to be over the hill “star” will you attempt to bring in to the fold next year? We just can’t wait. BTW, A-Rod is not only the most over paid baseball player ever…he’s the most over paid human with ANY job in the world.

Baseball 3 YANKEES !

Chris Yaughn

SO, Dave,

What do you really think about the Tigers winning? [EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So are you saying that if someone gave you 25 million a year to play baseball you would turn it down?

Jon Olson

What a great game… The Yanks are a bunch of frauds. Can’t win the big games. If only those steroids where still around. Mark my words. The Red Sox will be back. We win the World Series before the Lamekees do.

Gus Thompson

Andy, thats is an often used question and in my opinion, spent. The common man can’t even comprehend it. I’m one of those “common men”. Back in the day, the baseball player was living in your neighborhood, my neighborhood…the common mans neighborhood. I quite frankly find the salaries to be ocscene. So, when a team that attemps every year to buy a championship loses…The common man rejoices!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FEDSAWDAVE wrote
    Andy, thats is an often used question and in my opinion, spent. The common man can’t even comprehend it. I’m one of those “common men”. Back in the day, the baseball player was living in your neighborhood, my neighborhood…the common mans neighborhood. I quite frankly find the salaries to be ocscene. So, when a team that attemps every year to buy a championship loses…The common man rejoices!

The common man doesn’t rejoice, he uses that as the excuse just in case they win. Insulting the common man into thinking that we wouldn’t take the same money is obscene.

Jon,

The Red Sox suck and you know it. AND your team should not talk about over paying for a player. I think his name is Manny…second highest paid player.

SMeyers

Andy, you, I..Jon, Mory, Al, Scott, Steve, Razor,etc… are the common man and if we don’t do our jobs as owners of companies, we’re are out of business. If we are employees of said business and don’t do our jobs, we’re fired! There is a BIG differance between your word “take” 25 million and the more appropropriate word…EARN 25 million! You see, you and I are used to EARNING….Not, TAKING.

What a country we live in when a sub-par performance on the job is accepted for OBSCENE money.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Alex Rodriquez is an all star performer and a great talent. Actually he is probably one of the best baseball players to ever play. Now I am not saying that he hasn’t had his problems, but look at his stats, his off the field reputation, and his character.

He plays his heart out and someone offered him 25 million and he TOOK it. Therefore he earned it by doing all the said thing above. For the same money you could have Manny Ramirez and all of his BS.

Alex is not even playing his natural position.

Mike M

Well, you have character now don’t you Andy???? Not the point. He’s “earned” nothing. His “stats”? LOL Look at the last 2 playoff stats and get back to me! I don’t care if he was 50 for 50 with 50 homeruns with the bases loaed. No person on the face of the earth is worth that! PERIOD!

Now lets all sit back and think for a minute. When next season starts who are the odds down favorite to win the world series? The Yankees of course. When it comes to the Red Sox winning another world series, they still have 84 more years to go, and dont they have the second highest payroll in MLB.

John

And therein lies the major problem with Major League baseball. They’ll be the pick every year to take it all. So why do the other clubs even field a team? Why do the other fans even show up? Why should a fan in Milwaukee or Washington or Tampa Bay or Baltimore even show up when there is not a level playing field and the likes of the Yankees are allowed to have a payroll 5 to 10 times larger than a small market team? When the NFL started this year, I would submit that all BUT 3 or 4 teams have a legitimate chance to get to the Super Bowl. In Baseball it’s probably 6-8 teams who DO have a chance to get to the World Series and the rest are merely playing 169 games for nothing.

The NFL has surpassed MLB in becoming America’s game and I think it has a lot to do with parity.

Dave,

The fans in Milwaukee, Washington, Tampa, etc. show up to see the other team such as the Yankees, cardinals, etc. [EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]When those other teams that were not even considered to be in the running in the beginning of the season start winning and show potential that is when it becomes exciting and people start coming out. Example, Chicago, the white sox not the cubs, two years ago were not considered to get above .500 and attendance was low to start, then…. The Cubs on the other hand are usually eliminated from the playoffs during the second week of the season yet you can not get a ticket to the game. Detroit had the worst recond in the majors last year, now they stand the best chance at winning a ring. Go figure

John

Jon Olson

Dave I cant believe I, am defending the Yankees. But here it goes,. Teams like Americas team the Red Sox the Yankees and other big market teams pay huge sums of money to the bottom feeding teams. There not using it to help there teams. Detroit is good now they should be they have been terrible for so many years there drafts have to pay off sometime.

Jon,

How much do you think the Yankees are going to give Manny to come play right field for them? The Red Sox will be a totally different team next year except that they will still lose the AL east, that will be the same.

John

Jon Olson

Ah you New York fans so much history to talk about . Looks like thats all they have these days. The Red Sox will be back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.