Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Jon,

I saw your photo of your shop in the photo gallery. Are the benches you use in the picture for fabrication area or just sanding?

They look pretty cool with a lot of ajustment.

Andy

Jon,

you must get more photos of those tables as well as the possible drawings for them if we like them. Please attach a cut list or even a DXF with all the parts. Just kidding but more photos would be great. I am sure I am not the only still searching for a better solution in this area.

Thank You

KCWOOD

From what I can see, the middle supports are adjustable by sliding. These look really cool and seem to be able to level easily. Yep, pictures sure would help!

Jon Olson

Hello Everyone.. I can post some pictures but not until the week of 8/28 leaving for vacation today. We wanted to make benches that require us not to have to level off the tops. We took two old sawhorses and use some unistrut to connect them. KC is correct the middle pieces slide to accommodate sinks. There used mainly in the sanding department but we are in the process of changing out the rest of the shop.

More later.

What was that part about vacation, I dont understand. What is that?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

John,

That is when you take time off of work. Usually you go to a nice place that you have never been. Or maybe it is the same place every year where the entire family gets together.

The reason I know, is cause I have a friend that works for the “city” and he gets them all the time.

Andy

KCWOOD

What is unistrut and where do you get it? Never seen it before….

Home Desperate sells it, so do a lot of electrical supply places. You can build darn near anything out of it. Its like an erector set for big boys. The basic metal channel is 1 5/8 x 1 5/8.

http://www.unistrut.com/

My floor in our shop is just a mess. We are constantly trying to level benches. I would really like to see some more pics. of those benches.

Travis

Jon Olson

Sorry travis. Hope to post some Pics today.

Jon Olson

More pics

Jon Olson

??? That channel sure looks bigger than 1-5/8×1-5/8. It appears to be about 1-5/8×3-1/2 or so. Help me out on this. Thanks

Jon Olson

Hello Travis its 1 5/8 wide by 3 1/4 high. Its not Unistrut. Its electrical channel called Power-Strut.

Jon Olson

P.S. good call ont he Specs. Not bad for a Bronco Fan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.