Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Kinda what I thought. I am having to go back on some jobs from other fabricators that just glues backsplash to the like solid surface and remaking new and re installing with the clips. I do stress to my cleints abut caulk maintance. Maybe when I can afford to fly out to your shop you can show me the tricks you have in your shop.

Reuben

Tom M
    You will always be welcome to my shop. As is everyone here.
    Jon especially, but he’ll need to leave his imagination and determination here when he leaves.
    Tom
    Wags

Set on splashes if built right will not be a problem. I did 1000’s of laminte tops for almost 30 years and never replaced a splash. But I did edgeband the bottom of the splash ( I had an edgebander so it was easy) and screwed the splash down using siliconized latex caulk. I also back beveled the bottoms slightly so that the front was extremely tight on the deck. When doing wall to wall, even with coved splashes you leave the top cap off and glue that on in place. The “scribe” will give you another 1/4″ to 1/2″ to work with. Hope that all makes sense.

Tom M

Wags, why not go with an attached behind splash? That would be quicker than what you’re describing, and seal better, too?

Either way, you’ll never beat a coved splash on a laminate top.

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.