Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I just have to keep posting to get that heading off the front page. I am sick of hearing it. I have an idea.

Want your business to be successful? Go sell somthing instead of sitting around thinking about how some association is going to make more sales for you.

Kurt Bonk

Wags,

You always say Oxley never returns your invite. Well, I’ve been listening. If you still want to host a town hall meeting with ISSFA backing. I can make that happen. What better way for the present association to hear what you and the local fabricators of your community have to say. The winds of change are hear. The time is now. If you want to stil be a part of it; say so!. I”ll set it up.

Thanks,

Kurt

Tom M

Kurt,

Has anyone even called Hilary in Ct? I said back in November or so that I would try to get fabricators together after the Show.

Oxley kept saying that she would be called.

Tell you the truth, it’s gonna be hard work asking all the guys who have stopped renewing their membership to come, but I can likely get them there. In order to make it look like a big enough crowd, we should include Jon and Erica and all that they can bring.

Wags

Kurt

I appreciate your offer, but at this point I will be doing something in the fall (its 113 today going to 117 next week, not good to ask people to come out! ) under the FabNet banner. I have already spoken to several fabricators and some of the other distributors about this. I will keep everyone informed.

Wags

Travis

I appreciate your feelings, were looking at the bigger picture. Feel free to not read any thread you don’t agree with.

Robert King

I would submit Wags, that Travis is right on target. If you’re waiting for an association to do your bidding on “the big picture” you’ve been waiting 10+ years to long.

If you believe in your product, go out and sell the hell out of it.

Feel free not to read this.

Travis H wrote

I just have to keep posting to get that heading off the front page. I am sick of hearing it. I have an idea.

Want your business to be successful? Go sell somthing instead of sitting around thinking about how some association is going to make more sales for you.

Travis,

I have said before that fabricators fall into two catagories, those who expect something out of an association and then there are those who see an association as a way to help the industry.

Forming an association isn’t about helping our business directly, but a rising tide lifts all boats.

There are quite a few that don’t get it. Here are some links that show what we are up against, flat out fraudulent sales info.

http://www.customtileandmarble.com/fabrications.html Notice the comment about plastic vapors and the CDC endorsement which is false as can be.

http://www.johnnygranite.com/660666.html more bacterial resistant puffery.

Tom M

I don’t understand why all of these things are mutually exclusive: good, smart advertising by the new fabricator, a reinvigorated ISSFA, an internet forum that really brings the info and help it is expected to, and a new association that is flexible, with no chains, other than the promotion of solid surface. If I can afford $400.00 a year, I should be able to afford $250.00 a year more. The personal advertising is up to all y’all.

Help where you can, give when you can, and join if you think it worthy. It’s all good.

Mark Kuijer

The point being Tom, that ultimately, we’re all responsible for furthering our businesses through our own doing without regard to any association. I belong to no stone association but I damn sure market that aspect of my business to anyone who cares to listen.

Furthermore, I’ve never needed any association to further my business plan. It all falls back on me. Period!

Paul Bingham

That’s all well and true Dave. But why do Dentists, Doctors, Lawyers, Nurses, Teachers, Pharmacists, Retailers, and god knows hundreds of other trades and professions bother to have associations. It’s not because they can’t or don’t promote themselves. There are dozens of reasons, some common to all associations and some specific to individual organizations. Many of the reasons are too obvious to bother mentioning here.

Paul

Tom M

Dave,

I agree.

In fact, I just finished writing three cable ads.

Our personal marketing choices should be ours and ours alone.

So why does that fact render moot the idea of an association to further the cause?

It does not render an association “moot.” Unless you belong to a “moot” association.

We’ve talked, you no where I’m coming from.

I’ll say it again, FabNet IS NOT an association yet ad dollars spent right here have furthered my interests better that any $$$ I’ve spent . And, with due respect to Cygnus, this includes them !

Dave,

We are going to try cable in a month or two. What programs are you thinking of? HGTV, Food network, Fine Living?

3DG_Dave

Tom,

note the mention of 10+ years, I beleive this is about an existing organization, not SSA. I could be wrong…..

Kurt Bonk

Wags,

When things cool down and you still want to do something let me know.

Tom, You could be a big help. If Hilary can’t do it; how about you. INvite whom ever you like. I”ll set it up.

Kurt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.