Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard

friends from my youth and teen years came up for a visit.

Lenny E

Geez David,

Those are very fine examples of the seldom seen Alaskan Fish-a saurus. Where did you catch those monsters? Jurassic Park?

Tom M

That’s a lot of meals, my friend.
    They won’t be taking theirs back, so what will you do with all the excess?

David Gerard

The salmon were caught on the  “Kenai” river.  All around 7-8 lbs and the halibut right out in front of where we live on Kachemak bay.  My local fishin hole “the grocery store”.  These guys took everything…250lbs of fillets.   I pickled some and smoked some for them while they were here…inbetween glue ups.

Tom M

That’s a frickin’ lot of meat.

Are they all still living in CT?

David Gerard

Tom,  so I was suppose to take Todd Scnieder and Vince Herman of “left over Salmon” fishing today.  We met and chatted a bunch at a big music fest this past weekend. “salmon Stock”  They came to me through a friend who was MC at this fest.  They pulled a no show on me.  I was al set the get them to come check out my guitars and see if theyed be interested in playin em.  Shameless I am!  The bay was as flat as a fritter too…it was a crime I chose to go to work instead of fishing anyway.

Tom M

When such cool stuff happens in your life, even in such a relatively quiet area as you live in, you will keep on keeping on, to be sure.

WOWKACUI

We made some good connections between the love of fishing, music, guitars and our new england roots………..

Lenny E

You guys are just way too cool! David..U da man!

David Gerard

Hello Wowkacui,  be nice to learn a little about you.  Are you a fabber, maker of music?A NewEnglander?  I lost any sort of connection when i clicked on your web links.  thanks

David Gerard

Any of you watching the Discovery show “Alaska, the last frontier” ? We went to a showing of it tonight with all the main characters. Pretty funny stuff! Some of the footage was filmed within 2 miles of our place. There was some fun ball bustin during it. Gotta love the “Kilchers”! they know how to put on a show.

David Gerard

Any of you watching the Discovery show “Alaska, the last frontier” ? 

We went to a showing of it tonight with all the main characters.  Pretty funny stuff!           Some of the footage was filmed within 2 miles of our place.    There was some fun ball bustin during it. Gotta love the “Kilchers”! they know how to put on a show.
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.