Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

I agree, but it is not always the case.

Lenny-sama, ta-ta’s in voice-mail parlance is 82-82.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I think we answer the phone 75% of the time so it would be a system that would catch the backup calls that we couldn’t get to.

Of course our shop is small but would be great if we could forward the calls to my cell phone.

Sue Turner

Andy, you should have no problem (even now) to forward your calls to your cell phone.  I had my calls from the shop transferred to my house phone by using call forwarding.  All I had to do was enter a code to transfer the number when I wanted to do it.  It cost a few bucks a month from our phone provider but was worth it for important calls.  I can see no reason you could not do the same thing with your cell even when you are just working in the shop if you wanted.

Tom M

What William said^.

Jeff Handley

I think VOIP may be the answer for you.

Our home phone is VOIP through Vonage.
    It’s the number we give out to anyone we don’t really need to talk to.
    It is truly a digital solution, because we have no physical phone hooked up to it at home.

Callers leave a message, and the system generates a voice recorded email that goes to my wife. She can forward the voice message to my phone or the kids through email. Sometimes the voice messages have an electronic twang, but other than that, it’s pretty awesome.
    I’m not sure if Vonage can work with Olive Mills existing phone number, but with the forwarding suggestions above, you may be able to cobble together a perfect low cost solution for yourself.

I generally answer all of our calls.  If I don’t get to my office phone in four rings, it will forward to my cell ph.  If I don’t hear my cell over the noise of a screaming router or I am out of cell ph range then it goes to voice mail.

Johnny C
    Chino Haynes

I know this post is kinda old and Andy not sure if anyone had any suggestions on a phone system. I have ACCESSLINE (even though I haven’t quite used it to its full potential) and it has all the functions you are looking for and is relatively cheap compared to other phone systems.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I’ll check it out. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.