Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 28 Oct 2009 08:04 PM
    What Bulls**t.  I just installed 2 vanities and the faucet was made (it was a Delta) almost like the one in question.  When the tube is pulled out the back, it hits the backsplash.

I just told the homeowner sorry they picked out a poorly designed faucet. They will have to pick out something else Or I will have to rebuild the top and CUSTOM FIT the top to the faucet at their expense.

When there are a gazillion faucets out there to chose from, It is the manufacturers resposibilty to place on the front the box, WILL NOT WORK WITH MOST STANDARD COUNTERTOPS!!.  This faucet would not work with the old cameo top I took out either.

I ALWAYS have the customer buy a new faucet before the job is ever started. I tell them if they don’t, I will drill the holes after I get on the job for a fee, otherwise it is free.

Joe, If noone told Seth about the faucet, then what he gave them is what they got.   It is the design centers fault for not informing the Fab, a top had to be custom made for the faucet.

Kelsey:

As my record indicates, nobody fights harder for fabricators than me. Sometimes however, like David and Seth, my brethren are in the wrong. I have an obligation to tell them so, you seem to be making excuses for them.

As the expert, you had an obligation to tell the homeowner they picked out a poorly designed faucet BEFORE beginning any fabrication. Didn’t have the information? Too bad. You had an obligation to get it. If there were any custom fitting to accommodate their choice and subsequent cost increase, you had an obligation to explain this before a deposit was taken let alone any fabrication having begun.

If noone told Seth about the faucet and it blows up in his face, he has learned that he must have all relevant information before beginning fabrication. The design center has no responsibility for Seth’s failure to obtain pertinent information before beginning fabrication.

I went van shopping the other day. The salesman had a hell of a time finding the keys to the vans I wanted to see. He explained that they had a new system designed to prevent theft. So this moron dealership has transferred their theft problem solution onto me, the potential customer, by wasting my time while they struggle to get keys. I’m not buying a van from them under any circumstances. I can’t stand when businesses transfer problems to others, partuicularly customers and very particularly when the customer is me.

I urge fellow fabricators to not transfer their problems onto a design center, a customer or anyone else. Man up, admit your mistake, learn and move on.

Joe

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.