Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Brenda Doull

My passion. If any of you have vintage power tools that are sitting in the dust of your shops, working or not, especially Porter-Cable/Rockwell, feel free to post a pic or contact me. Top dollar paid. If any of you run across a pre-1920 Porter-Cable pencil sharpener and would like your mortgage paid for a year… contact me.

Tom M

Dave,

You could start the land of misfit tools.

My best friend gave me his stepdad’s early porter cable radial arm saw. It’s yours if you want ti figure out how to ship it. I got it running, but there is no way I’m cutting anything with it.

Call it the first donation to your museum.

Tom

Tom M

Tell you what, though-

My shop was broken into a couple of times. Nothing ever came of it, but of all the tools I’ve lost, the old Stanley domed top #88 router is the only one I’d cry over. There was not a better balanced, comfortable to grip, gyroscopically balanced laminate router ever made, before or since.

A Stanley Tool salesman found these last three routers in thier boxes. One for me, one for my brother, and one for my Dad.

It was mint.

Bastard crook had no idea what that meant to me.

Tom

Bonstone

Tom, thanks for the offer but the big stuff is not for me. To hard to get it from point A to B. I had a Closet manufacturing customer ask me if I was interested in his old radial arn saw. Asked him how much. $200.00 he says. I bought it and he fork lifted it inti my van on the spot. It’s around a 1950 Multi-Plex. Delta-Milwaukee bought them in the 40’s and this thing is sweet. Heavier than Kate Smith at a buffet. It’s the biggest thing I have. My power tool collection is out groing itsspace in our showroom. I’ve gotten pickier in what I look for.

Ever seen an air belt sander? I have one made by ARO. I’ll post a pic later.

Tom M

Ever seen an air belt sander? I have one made by ARO. I’ll post a pic later.

Dave,

I have an air jig saw, but no belt sander.

We also have an early conversion tool that you’d put the old Stanley Mighty Midget in and have a drill press. I’m still trying to find the converter my father had that you’d place on the end of a drill to make it a reciprocating sabre saw. We have it so much easier now.

Tom

Lyman

I have several of those conversion tools…the ones with the 1/4 mandrel that you then hook to a drill and away you go. I have a jigsaw, skilsaw, recip. saw. I’m sending Chuck home to get his camera. Gotta show some of these pics.

nad8974

What the hell does it take to get pics posted on this site ?? 9 friggin hours later afeter the “must be approved” bullspit, they’re still not up. What gives admin???

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Dave,

Just post the pictures here if you want. Just click on the Pic icon above the text box and you can upload a pic. You should see it instantly.

Heck Andy, even my IT guy does not see the pic icon. We downloaded them yesterday and sent to this thread. Where they ended up, although I think you saw them…is a mystery. Oh well, I’ll have select pieces at the show for viewing. Including the awesome PC rust chipper.

Norm Walters

Dave here is how you do it, and I am no IT guy trust me.

Click on the Insert/Edit image icon to the right of the anchor

A window will appear, at the top of that window will be Image info Link Upload Advanced

You have to click on Upload

After that another window will appear, you will see Browse , click on that and it will browse the files on your computer.

When you find the file you want to upload, double click on it

At that point the location of the file will appear where there was a blank space before.

Now click on Send it to the Server

Now click on ok at the bottom of the window, and you will see it on your post.

Note: I believe it has to be a jpeg, it didn’t work for me as a BMP

ChinoHI

Norm, thanks for the help but: There’s always a “but”, I think I now have a raging headache. It’s just not worth the time.

Norm Walters

Dave, I might be stopping by next week, I’ll see if we can figure it out.

nelsonbriles

ahhhhhhh Andy, the 1st pic is a vintage ARO air belt sander.

The 2nd pic is just a vintage Dave….nice FabNet t-shirt though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.