Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson

We are thinking of adding vetrazzo to our line of Products we offer. What are the Pro’s and Con’s

Brian Stone

Pros – Beautiful material, fairly easy to fabricate (you have to fill in some chips after cutting but the material is structurally sound), it is a “green” material.

Cons – price, price, price, and price. I think if you have a very large job there is also no guarantee that you will be able to find slabs that will seam together and match. Oh yeah, and price.

Posted By Brian_Stone on 19 Jan 2009 03:17 PM
    Pros – Beautiful material, fairly easy to fabricate (you have to fill in some chips after cutting but the material is structurally sound), it is a “green” material.

Cons – price, price, price, and price. I think if you have a very large job there is also no guarantee that you will be able to find slabs that will seam together and match. Oh yeah, and price.

Brian:

I have to disagree with your assessment of “price” being a “Con” of Vetrazzo. As long as you’re making your margin, who cares what the price is?

Anything that sets a fabricator apart, especially price, from the $29.99 a foot guys is a very good thing indeed.

Apparently they’re selling this stuff as fast as they can make it. Who are you to deny customers environmental guilt relief? Never base your price on how much you would pay for something, it may be worth a lot more to someone else.

Let ‘er rip,

Joe

Gordon Shell

Nice work, that looks awsome!

paladian gray is a cool color
    wait til youse see the Millenfiori…rare slab special mix   hot and wild.
    cant wait to install it

Wags

Has anyone else had issues with the large glass particulate? Seems if you hit it just right with something hard.. say a Pan..it cracks.. We also had issues with porisity within the slab, which is exposed when you cut it. As pretty as it is, price always becomes an issue, its up there with exotic natural stones.

Selling all you can make is doesnt mean your selling a lot, only not making much

Brian Stone

Posted By Kowboy on 19 Jan 2009 03:53 PM

I have to disagree with your assessment of “price” being a “Con” of Vetrazzo. As long as you’re making your margin, who cares what the price is?

Anything that sets a fabricator apart, especially price, from the $29.99 a foot guys is a very good thing indeed.

Apparently they’re selling this stuff as fast as they can make it. Who are you to deny customers environmental guilt relief? Never base your price on how much you would pay for something, it may be worth a lot more to someone else.

Let ‘er rip,

Joe

I understand that there are many people out there with deep pockets. The problem is that most people don’t understand how much the material costs until you waste time quoting it out for them.

Of course, that’s probably the fault of the sales-person for not educating the customer.

Brian..i run into that problem too ..its the price that bothers me or them…its that they think we are price gouging them…thats why some might wonder why I show the price list of Avonite to customers…because when you are starting out and are considered a small fry…when you say 4000 for a vanity they think we are buying for 40 bux a slab or something…thats the con i have found…i like the price…c

Jon Olson
    Okay I’am all about the Vetrazzo. Gene I’am hooked. What a great surface.  After SS my next favorite surface is Vetrazzo.  Just had a class on it. Really amazing stuff.

I don’t think price is a hurdle. People that buy this stuff are going for green reasons a whole different type of consumer.  This is a hot surface. Don’t miss the boat.

IJon..I do sell it to non greenies..they just like the beauty..

Loren Fisher

We’re looking forward to fabricating an alehouse project. We’re also quoting Enviroglas on another project. Any feedback on this product? Our client is nervous with the limited 1 year warranty but Vetrazzo doesn’t have the red and black color they’re looking for.  Thanks.

Lynda Fisher

Countertop Shoppe

Topeka, KS

EnviroGlas will probaly need to be filled with unsanded grout…its not concrete its more of a resin and the pitts need to be filled..its in their fab manuals on where to buy it..other than that have fun

Brian Stone

Ok, we’re working on a Alehouse Amber job (with patina) right now and I’m having a hard time throwing away the scraps. Who has ideas for what I can do with them? Most of the pieces are about 8″x12″

You can send them to me…I’ll take them…or if ya wanta think of what to do with them small scraps brian…maybe you can attch nice stainless handles to the sides for heavy serving trays to give away to the customers or have someone sell them at flea markets for a commission???

Pat Shannon

Being a supplier to the industy, I’m not familiar with Vetrazzo.  I’m asuming you can cut it without to much of an issue but what about seaming?  Do traditional seaming adhesives work on this surface?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.