Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

been playing with this stuff and its pretty..Having fun learning about Stone equipment and Boom arms, wire clamp carriers..polishing pads, wet grinders, rubber boots, waterproof apron….JEEZ!!!!all i wanna do is cut out a few tops outta this stuff…expensive stuff but alot of people love it…the two slabs cut up are what the backs look like…3 slabs in total…cool job though

Look at all the getup my guy Simon hasta wear to polish an edge of EnviroGLAS

I like the Vetrazzo better, the Concrete seems to be easier to grind…Oh now I gotta get some rainsuits..man all this work for tops…I applaud you Stone guys!!!

Lenny E

Gene,

That Vetrazzo is gorgeous material! Thanx for letting us have a look at it!

There ain’t enough green if you ask me. I better drink more Hienies and keep ’em out of the deposit bin.

Joe

Joe, i know whatcha mean…what gets me is..if I save all the drink bottles from the fabnet party at the show we can make enough countertops to do every room in the empire state building

The Blue is actually Vodka Sky…I thought they just made money off their liquid…they even make money being recognized for the glass the alcohol comes in..the nerve of these guys

I was a cheap wino though Joe..I dont think my Mad Dog MD20/20 would be that much of a premium mix for tops…neverthe less my Wild irish rose

what great wine…thats stuff never saw a grape!!!!!!!

hey Lenny..check this out its broken Mirrors ..I call it 7 year bad luck coffee table

stuff being created lately is just out right crazy…it dont help with my twist, hadta mix it with the paperstone and bamboo…i was trying to make the black box for remotes, etc…..anyway I guess the broken mirror superstition is true..cause i havent sold it yet!!!I guess I’ll have it for 7 years

Brian Stone

Vetrazzo definitely has a look that I haven’t seen replicated yet. I just wish the stuff wasn’t so expensive. We quoted out a 22″x22″ vanity with a sink in it last week and I think the wholesale price was around $1200.

Joe – they do have a color with more green. It’s called Bistro Green. The one pictures above is Alehouse Amber with a patina.

Lenny E

Wow Gene,

Thats a slick looking coffee table. If I could afford it Id take it off your hands. Beauftiful marriage of the paperstone with other surfaces BTW.

7 year bad luck coffee table, heh heh, thats a good one!

Brian, i hear ya..It cost 1200.oo to ship those three slabs..but just like everything else when its new its more…next year it will be lot cheaper..it was a fun day the stuff is by far the easiest to work with outta the others..havent tried the new ones yet,Urban slabs, Rinalto, it seems like alot are mFG the stuff

the bistro green you mentioned is REAL NICE..I like the alehouse amber /patina too… the slabs i got now are Charisma blue w/patina..similar to the alehouse, they just throw the blue sky bottles in it…but like you said I think its alittle too expensive..but to some that exactly why they want it…cause some of us cant afford it

Eli Polite

as always great work

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Gene,

We just got certified to do the Vetrazzo and haven’t yet done any yet.  It looks like the stained material.  From what I understand, you have to stain the edges after you cut.  Is that correct?

Nice work by the way.  I admire you taking on all the different materials in these tough economic times.

yes Andy, Im using the Lithocrome patina stain..the Lithocrome has a short shelf life, so if you buy it and sounds like there is a rock in the jug…dont buy it..

its the pigment all glumped up..Guess how I know that???anyway i broke it down and remixed it and Im glad I bought a gallon cause its really now a quart or pint of good stuff….

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Gene,

When you apply the stain, does is darken the stain when you try to stain just the edge?  Like wood, if you go over already stained material, it tends to get darker.  Is this an issue?

nope… just got done today with the job and they love it…It has kohler expensive drop in sinksbut they love them…I had fun with this job and look forward to working with vetrazzo…i am no longer a vetrazzo virgin

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The stain looks like a perfect match with no overlap of the stain.

Eli Polite

it came out great we have had a few requests but once they see the price they choose something else i dont see it taking off in our area unless the price drops a little

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.