Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

ahhh just a hint of ,,,gotta get some night time pictures…Kinda fun..

Ill post some better pics when I finish the rest of the kitchen

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I thought that was a piece of bamboo in the edge until I saw the last picture with the light on. Really pretty cool.

Thanx Andy, I was a little nervous about this one…but it worked out fine after the prototype process…I darnnear bit my fingernails awf worrying

Brian Stone

What’s under the cutting board? Does the sink have a drainboard or did you add in a different material under there?

Brian, underneath is going to be a drop in tray type pan which catch all that gunk and water residue…I have two strips of white Solid Surface rails holding up the cutting board, but not full bottom…you can actually see into the cabinet…Its a plumber idea that hasnt been fitted yet.

I just thought it was so much work and worry to have that cutting board in the top next to the sink…I suggested the cutting board layed on top and can go in the cabinet when not in use…man wrong suggestion to a designer/buyer
    I couldnt belive they wanted to remove that section of vetrazzo

if it went wrong I was covered, by R&D/prototype agreement.

But in the end I now kinda like the inlay cutting board..it is a little bit higher than the top to keep from knife banging when choppping

Ill show some more pics when done and share my thought on what could have been done better in case someone else wants to try it

Jon Olson

Gene you need to get on twitter and twit that job. Get moving you slaker!

Jon, I feel like a twit  i CANT FIGURE IT OUT YET

Jon Olson

I call you next week. I can help

Steve Mehan

I like the idea of the R&D agreement. Good move Gene.
    What is the inlay material?

Steve, Avonite Amber glass, the rest of the kitchen is gonna have that as a full backsplash with illumination as well..tricky stuff but fun to mess wit

Jon thanx..I am registered…but it says What are you doing?…can I submit pics…oooppps Im starting to derail my own tread

Linda Graves

Gene,

Great design as usual.  Now where is the matching switch plate cover?

Yes Linda,…Now that you noticed it i hafta make them one..all that money and they tro a white 39c light switch plate…Amber glass would be cool…thanx for the tip…

Gene:

Is the Avonite bonded to the estone as a full sandwich, or is the edge estone to estone with a dado for Avonite?

Looks great as usual,

Joe

Norm Walters

Gene, it’s always a loaded question with Joe, be verwy, verwy careful with your answer.

Very cool design Gene! Really like the use of avonite, what did you use to glue it up with? Integra? Akemi? Liquid Lamination glue?

Joe, just a guess on my part, but if it lights all along the edge, I’m going to go with it’s sandwiched all the way through

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.